Chassis Alignment Off?

PyroGuy923

I'm a little perplexed on this. The spacing/squarenss of the front tires doesn't match between the front and rear but everything appears to be square. We checked and it looks like the suspension components are on correctly and the same left to right.

Is it supposed to be this way?

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I had the same question when I was where you are, because I noticed the same thing. Performing a full alignment and toe adjustment fixed it. I think you're fine.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
You're wheels are not inline with the frame. Align the rear with the frame first. There is a full write-up somewhere on here from Lonny on the proper way to do an alignment using toe plates. Once you get it aligned, everything should be fine.

And as the others said, check to make sure you have the correct steering ball joints in the correct location.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru

KSLunsfo

I fully intend on doing a thorough alignment at some point, but this was a real quick way I got my car driving surprisingly well.

Your mileage may vary, but I can drive straight down the road (only up to 40mph or so at this point), with my hands off the wheel from a simple 'string alignment' and using my calibrated eye to get camber pretty close. Caster would be another story, my eyes are good, but not that good... That'll be sorted with a proper alignment.

This is obviously most effective on a car with a square wheel/tire setup.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I had the same question when I was where you are, because I noticed the same thing. Performing a full alignment and toe adjustment fixed it. I think you're fine.
Yep same here. Measured every way shape form and fashion. It didn’t look right. After I aligned it and such it magically.........still seems off, but it isn’t.