Cheap Bluetooth OBDII scanners

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Just wanted to drop a note on here, on the topic of cheap Bluetooth OBDII scanners.

I've had a cheap ELM327 for many years that has always worked perfectly fine on my 2013 Explorer (and the 2010 Mustang GT I had before that, and the 2000 Mustang GT and 2004 Focus my wife and I owned before that, etc.) ... I was surprised to find it did not connect to the ECM on the Goblin at all. So I borrowed the one I got for my grandmother's car (a 2009 Impala) some years ago, thinking if it worked with her car, it would work on the Goblin. No dice.

I had begun to think I was going to need to re-pin my OBDII connector or something to get it working. A CEL popped up on my Explorer the other day so I took my original ELM327 to check it and it had stopped working after like 15 years (lol), so I picked up a still-cheap-but-not-Chinese-garbage-cheap OBDII scanner off Amazon a couple days ago to replace it. It's a BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro, cost me $70. It works like a charm on both the Explorer and the Goblin, so I just wanted to let you guys know of the option.

PyroGuy923

Here's a little screen capture from the Blue Driver live data. Third startup and wanted to make sure radiator and coolant temps worked as they should.