Chris’s 2007 SS/SC track frame build for autocross

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Interesting front hood. I would like to see some more pictures of your design.
I'm not sure you would lol. I have a few more layers and sanding to do on it i'm not sure if its going to come out the way I wanted yet.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
The sheriff is out of town so I wrote a message in the hood for her.

Still have some more sanding and need to cut a hole out for the radiator and put a screen in there. Then I will put another coat of dyed epoxy on.

Attachments

ccannx

Goblin Guru
I got some aluminum flat panel mounts off of Amazon that are one size fits all to mount the windshield. I wanted to see if I could design something similar myself so started playing on Tinkercad and did my first design. I haven't printed them out yet but am really happy with how it came out and will probably use them to mount body panels.

Printed them up and fixed a couple things now they print out nicely. Used them to mount my windshield to the frame.

Attachments

Last edited:

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Working on ideas to cover the rear looks like it will take 4 pieces. 2 fenders, engine cover and a bumper piece. The bumper piece/ exhaust cover is going to be left last due to the heat from the exhaust. I may use a hacksaw on the donor and get enough volunteer metal to work.

Attachments

BAR-AIR

Where is it at with the steering wheel installed. Lexan is very easy to work with bending a simple curve into it. Complex curves are going to need some heating.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
The rear-view mirror came with aluminum clamps and I managed to quickly strip the tread out of one of the taps within 60 seconds..

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Went up to Winchester yesterday to attend the Mercedes benz autocross at James Wood and met the Corbalt and its owners Ray and Laura ! Cool people and it was fast ! It was a battle between Ray and Cody in his 3rd place 2019 nationals ssr vette for top raw. Top time was a 43.0 and I dropped into the 44's but had sliding escapades and cones on every run.

The 500lbs that I got for the rear may be too much to handle for me. still waiting on the 400lbs that were supposed to come with my coil-overs for the rear. In the mean time I have ordered another set of 300lbs to try on the rear for next weekends auto-x. I will try to post a video on here or Facebook later. In the video you can see me rotating around corners and not turning the steering wheel.... the lack of rear end grip took all my courage away in fast transitions.

Attachments

Last edited: