Chris’s 2007 SS/SC track frame build for autocross

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Started on my control arms this morning. Got one done. The moog bushing was kinda hard to get in but went in ok with a ball joint c clamp. The front bushing I replaced with a prothane kit and they came out nicely. The stock rubber bushing came out easy after a couple holes with the drill and about 4 whacks with a rubber mallet.

Attachments

askiles

Goblin Guru
Wondering if I really even need to run the spacers.... does anyone know with the spherical bearings if the wheel changes in relation to the coil over in suspension travel ?
Perfect fit! Definitely don’t need the spacers.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
They came out awesome! I love Easter eggs on cars. I tweaked the file again this morning because one of the holes didn’t line up most likely due to poor measurements on my part.

Attachments

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
Haha thats awesome. 3d printers are great to have access to for this project, I'm glad my brother in law has one. He is just finishing up building his cnc machine and has a lathe too. Should be able to make a good amount of stuff with what he has.

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
3d printers are great to have access to for this project
I originally bought my 3D printer kit in 2017 as a novelty but it has been super useful. We produced the buck for the fiberglass heat exchanger shroud by 'welding' four 3D printed pieces together. Recently we printed mock ups of a new coolant tank mount and an option B tank mount. Once we got those to fit the way we wanted the 3D printed parts and flat pattern DXF files were sent to the laser shop to be cut and then bent up.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
I originally bought my 3D printer kit in 2017 as a novelty but it has been super useful. We produced the buck for the fiberglass heat exchanger shroud by 'welding' four 3D printed pieces together. Recently we printed mock ups of a new coolant tank mount and an option B tank mount. Once we got those to fit the way we wanted the 3D printed parts and flat pattern DXF files were sent to the laser shop to be cut and then bent up.
Very interested in that Option B tank mount since I have one to install! :)

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Swapped out the 3.1 pulley for a 2.9 I got from ZZP last Black Friday and installed the new tensioner pulley arm. The instructions call for unbolting the supercharger from the intake manifold. luckily with the pulley off the supercharger I had clear access to the mounting bolt near the snout. It looks like with the stock pulley I would have been out of luck.

I was able to cobble together something of a tune from a few shared LSJ’s that had 60lb injectors and the car runs decent. I had to copy a stock file torque management table because I zeroed that out copying everything over and it caused some pretty bad idle surges. The PLX wideband started smoking when I hooked it up because I followed the wrong wiring diagram and grounded the 3v analog output so I can’t get wideband logs to tune until PLX gets the new board to me.

Attachments

Last edited:

ccannx

Goblin Guru
I will be watching this, as it is on my car wish list. Where did you find a template/plans?
Inspired by George I used cardboard to mock up a shape that would work I ordered a DIY 36” swaybar kit. George made his own swaybar so it is possible to do it much cheaper. https://www.jegs.com/i/Rhodes-Race-Cars/794/19-0001/10002/-1?trk_msg=F4DEA4K0TBPKT67FKEGNHFHHLC&trk_contact=IGESAV8MG06RAS8CLVFUUK2LKG&trk_module=tra&trk_sid=B7KQSS98G2V9FOG5MD4HAGKF50&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Product&utm_campaign=Transactional&utm_content=Shipping+Confirmation
I may need to make different arms for it but will see once I get the main tube in place. Shooting for not interfering with the radiator fan.

I picked up a couple of these to be able to change the pickup point where the swaybar will attach on the control arms. https://www.speedwaymotors.com/1-Inch-Panhard-Tube-Clamp,40601.html?sku=96035027&utm_medium=CSEGoogle&utm_source=CSE&utm_campaign=CSEGOOGLE&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiOKhtPCZ5wIVip6zCh0Edw9_EAQYAiABEgLJtPD_BwE

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Had some time to get to the clutch today and swapped out the trans while I was at it. I disconnected the suspension at the top of the coil over removed the brake lines from the calipers and taped water bottle to catch the fluid.

Attachments

Reactions: jpr