Chris’s 2007 SS/SC track frame build for autocross

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I like the boot. Post a link to where you purchased it for others. I already have one, but would have gone that route.

The weight numbers are interesting.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Last edited:

ccannx

Goblin Guru
2nd Raw time getting faster ! Ran the 140/250 springs R and 175/350 F had to squeeze them on because they are 12" going to bump up to the 10 inch 225/475 F car is still bottoming front end on full brake. Rear is not squatting under full throttle out of high speed transitions like it was with the 150lb rear springs. Thinking about trying a stock cobalt 18mm swaybar with the 150's or 180's . Also may add more camber in hopes to speed up sweepers back end is drifting but controllable with the 140/250's wheels looks like they are at positive camber cornering.

Attachments

Last edited:

ccannx

Goblin Guru
After getting tired of looking at my bare bones interior I decided to spruce it up with a decent dash that can be added to later if needed.

Just made a template with cardboard then cut them out of some high strength particle board and wrapped with cushioned diamond stitch vinyl, looks better !

Attachments

Last edited:

Ross

Goblin Guru
Nice! What turbo did you choose? Do you have a build list? I'm still trying to figure this all out for my LSJ.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
I'm jealous, I bought a turbo kit for my LSJ three years ago. Everytime I see it I think maybe pretty soon things will lighten up and I will install it. Can't wait to see you get yours installed and tuned.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Nice! What turbo did you choose? Do you have a build list? I'm still trying to figure this all out for my LSJ.
It is the base LSJ entry level kit. Comes with k04, ZZP is working with me remotely to run it on e85.

I have not gone through all the parts but this kit came with a lot. New alternator, turbo, manifold, downpipe,intake,injectors, harness, adaptor plates oil lines supply/return and a bunch of other part's. Glad I ordered the kit instead of me trying to peice something together.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Well, everything is together and the base tune from ZZP is loaded. The car starts and shuts right back off again. I remember the previous tuner saying that my MAF was not working correctly and he tuned it VE. Does anyone have the pinouts for the MAF and where they go to ? The MAF is a brand new AC delco 213-4222 unit and I tried swapping in the old one just in case. It is throwing a crankshaft position sensor code p0315.

Attachments

Last edited:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Try unplugging the MAF and start it up again. If it runs - maybe not great - then it could be a bad MAF signal. Or wiring? :confused: Hope not!

Last edited:

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Now have tried unplugging it an it made no difference, ordered a new crank position sensor. Read that procedure but not able to get the car to idle long enough to bring it up to operating temperature. Maybe it will when the new sensor is installed.

Last edited:

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Yes still have more to go. Will eventually get around to making a small diffuser and spoiler for the rear.

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
This fuse was blown causing my MAF not to work properly.
Our car runs super bad if we have the maf hooked up. I know we need a tune, but still can't believe that messing with the length of the intake piping could mess up a tune so bad it barely runs. I've wondered if we could have something else going on to prevent the ecm from fueling properly. It won't idle, it has practically zero throttle response, but when the maf is not hooked up, it's a 14 second car.

What was that fuse that was blown?