Chris’s 2007 SS/SC track frame build for autocross

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Got the Bikini top from Jbintx yesterday and tightened it down. I corded it a little differently side to side than front to back because it was putting a lot of stress on the eyelets. Super happy with it tight as a drum and will keep the sun off me.

Attachments

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Looks great. I would have 100% hit up JB for one of these if I had a track frame. Community skills, on display once again!

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Chris: The color paracord pops! Good choice.
Hopefully the top adds to aerodynamics and shaves a few thousandths off your next track day.... ;)

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Looks good! How far out do you have the hole at this point? I put mine about 1/4" further out than the DF ones to slow the steering down but without being able to test it right now I'm not sure that I'm going to like that.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
The spoiler is because of the SCCA no wing rule for autocross class?
Looks like the cover would be effective at (mostly) sealing off the engine compartment. Can I ask why the air filter is partially through the cover?:)
Yes no wings AFAIK in E-mod. I don't have space for intake pipe behind the strut so I'm sticking with the pipe that comes with Zzp's turbo swap. Should be plenty of air in that high pressure zone in front of the air dam.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Looks good! How far out do you have the hole at this point? I put mine about 1/4" further out than the DF ones to slow the steering down but without being able to test it right now I'm not sure that I'm going to like that.
About 1 inch hole to hole currently but these will allow me to go back about 21 mm to about 1/4 away to keep the stock steer ratio and delete the Ackerman. Hope this helps.

Attachments

Fozda

Goblin Guru
I moved the holes outward to reduce the Ackerman, I just hope I didn't move them too far rearward causing the steering to be sluggish or anything.
PXL_20210108_185257485.jpg

ccannx

Goblin Guru
You will have to get it to an event and see, once you get it close you should be able to fine tune with toe -+. Toe out will speed up turn in and toe in will slow it down. I guess toe is to ackerman what camber is to caster.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Dropped by the local metal depot. They had some scrap steel diamond plate in the scratch and dent section. Picked it up for 40$. Big enough to cover all the way from the front firewall to midway below the seats. Finished the last bit with some scrap metal.

Attachments

Last edited:

ccannx

Goblin Guru
I will start with it fully open. The brake feel is pretty good to me stock but want to direct a little more bias towards the rear.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Mine has about 10 1/2 rotations (looks to be the same brand as yours). I started at full open and ended up at about 7 turns open. After I still locked up the fronts once at Autocross last weekend, I’ll probably go 1 more turn out and see how that feels. It’s all going to depend on how you like it.