Chris’s 2007 SS/SC track frame build for autocross

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Next I popped the driveshafts out disconnected the wiring from the trans and disconnected the shifter cables.

Attachments

ccannx

Goblin Guru
I strapped the engine to the rear bar loosened the engine and trans bolts and loosened the fuse box to get at the transmission bolts. I also removed the exhaust and placed a transmission jack under the trans before disconnecting the rear subframe.

Attachments

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Old clutch and flywheel vs new. Old clutch almost looked warped from a side view.

Attachments

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Put the new flywheel in and mated the trans with little fuss. Then put 2 quarts of redline fluid in the trans. Still need to replace the lost brake fluid and put the muffler back on.

Attachments

George

Goblin Guru
I will calculate it tomorow . Need to know distance from center of lower heim and where sway bar mounts to arm
Also length of arms on swaybar.

Brad

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Center for lower heim to the arm is 1.5 inches. Center of lower heim to swaybar arm mount is 2.0. the mount rests 7.5 inches from the inner heim that mounts the lower arm to the frame. The total swaybar arm length is 6 inches from end to end but the center of heim to center of swaybar is only 4.8 inches.

Attachments

ccannx

Goblin Guru
What would be the change if I added another inch to the swaybar's arm length?

I'm running 150lb front springs and a square tire setup. Hopefully will get to do some testing weekend after next if it doesn't get canceled by the Covid19 problem.

George

Goblin Guru
A 1" longer arm would lower it to 405 pounds per inch. Even with 400#front spring my car bottoms out when braking during autocross. Do you have the newer lower "L" brackets for the lower heims?
I run 500# spring s in front.

Brad

ccannx

Goblin Guru
A 1" longer arm would lower it to 405 pounds per inch. Even with 400#front spring my car bottoms out when braking during autocross. Do you have the newer lower "L" brackets for the lower heims?
I run 500# spring s in front.

Brad
They are really soft I had to set an inch of preload. I do have the new L brackets