Chris_WNC's Track Frame #338 '09 LT Auto. REGISTERED in NC.

Chris_WNC

I took care of that collapsing intake tube. It's mostly hard pipe now.
I also added a small straight through muffler to my exhaust pipe. My welding still sucks. I see header wrap in my future!

Chris_WNC

I was maxing out the stock MAP so I swapped in one of the Bosch 0281002845 3 Bar versions that come in the Stage 1 sensor kit from ZZP.

I made the changes in HP Tuners for linear and offset as suggested by ZZP and had issues immediately. The car wouldn't start using those settings for some reason. I switched back to stock settings and it would crank but the readings was off. I tried going for a quick trip up the road to a car show this morning and went into low power mode a couple of times. I had to power off and recrank to clear it. I turned around and made it back to the shop and started tinkering with it again. DTCs were baro and map related. I found some other settings online for linear and offset and changed it to that. Readings look ok now. I still need to go on a test drive though.

Here are my stock settings for the factory LAP MAP.

Here are the settings as found on BMotorsports.com. It's what I have programmed currently.

ZZP recommends Linear @ 65.89 kPa and offset @ -6.35 kPa.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
A quick check on ZZP didn’t show that part number. You aren’t plugging in random 3 bar linear/offset are you? They need to be for the particular part number,

what does it show for key on engine off? Should match for your elevation.

does your ECM have any pressure range settings for rep or dtc’s?

Chris_WNC

I got the stage 1 sensor kit from ZZP. They sent two of those sensors and a couple of wiring adapters. I got the linear and offset from a different website that has the sensor listed individually. Key on engine off pressure is good.

There's some airflow correlation settings under engine diagnostics. An enable RPM and some sub settings for the P0068.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Does the HPT description for linear say per volt or per 5 volts? I should have done the math. ZZP is per volt, other is per 5 volts,

of course the description in HPT for the LNF is wrong.

Chris_WNC

I’ll check the description tomorrow. Looks like you’re right on that math though.

@Gtstorey
Here's the description. It's per 5v.
[ECM] 4010 - MAP Sensor Linear: The linear calibration of the MAP sensor (slope) in pressure per 5 volts.

Last edited:

Chris_WNC

I checked my rear alignment yesterday before I took off on a data logging run. Woah, it was off from when I dropped the subframe for the engine swap. Left rear needed a slight toe adjustment. Right rear needed 1 degree of camber and an inch of toe taken out of it. :rolleyes: The data logging run was much more pleasant after that change. lol.

I've discovered that my factory NA/LAP black injectors run out of fuel when I get high in RPM and boost. I lean out pretty bad. I guess my next step is to do an injector upgrade before I spend any more time tuning. Thanks to @mike_sno for showing me where to look for injector duty cycle in HP Tuners.