Clutch Pedal

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I figured it out. It looked like I was missing something from the clutch removal from the dashboard.

Last edited:

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
The clutch pedal assembly has two bolts at the front and a bolt through the side that is also the pedal pivot bolt. You can see the assembly in our turbo car (yours should be identical since you have a turbo donor):

clutch pedal assembly.jpg

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Something just looked funny when I took it off and I thought I was missing something. I was expecting it to be part of the brake/accelerator box . Just to make sure though, this is what I pulled off.

20170809_194911.jpg

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
That's it.

Just for reference in case people with other donors come here, your clutch pedal might look different. Not all of the clutch pedals are identical but they do look similar to the two SS/TC clutch pedals shown above. Some have different sensors (push button limit switches instead of potentiometer sensors, slight structural differences, etc).

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I just hit Part 7 video. The automatic car of course did not have a clutch to remove.
The clutch has three bolts holding it to the dash frame.
Next disconnect the white plastic clip from the rear of the pedal.
Then you can grab the housing where it passes through the firewall and twist it counterclockwise to release it.
IMG_7387.jpg
IMG_7388.jpg
IMG_7389.jpg

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I just hit Part 7 video. The automatic car of course did not have a clutch to remove.
The clutch has three bolts holding it to the dash frame.
Next disconnect the white plastic clip from the rear of the pedal.
Then you can grab the housing where it passes through the firewall and twist it counterclockwise to release it.View attachment 11462View attachment 11463View attachment 11464
and - the tapered silver part on the end of the master gets unplugged and is not used. The hard line has a fitting that goes directly to the master cylinder output. :)

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Don't lose that part that JBINTX is talking about. I still think you need to save the o-ring from it for the new line.