Clutch suggestions

Lokian

Need to replace the clutch on my 2010 LS. Not sure if I need a flywheel or not but would take any suggestions.

I might at some point put a super charger on it.

what do you guys recommend?

Q

Ross

Goblin Guru
I've been happy with my GM Performance Products (GMPP) clutch. It can handle more HP, but the pedal feel is the same. In the light Goblin, I think it is a lot less demanding on the clutch than the Cobalt was. I read the GMPP is rated to 300hp in a Cobalt, but I'm guessing that is about 400hp in a Goblin.

If you want it to rev up quicker, then get a light flywheel, but if you want less chance of stalling the engine, then keep the heavier stock flywheel.

Lokian

I've been happy with my GM Performance Products (GMPP) clutch. It can handle more HP, but the pedal feel is the same. In the light Goblin, I think it is a lot less demanding on the clutch than the Cobalt was. I read the GMPP is rated to 300hp in a Cobalt, but I'm guessing that is about 400hp in a Goblin.

If you want it to rev up quicker, then get a light flywheel, but if you want less chance of stalling the engine, then keep the heavier stock flywheel.
Anyone have an idea if the GMPP clutch will work on a 2010 LS? Where ever I look it mentions only 2005 to 2007 Cobalt SS's

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I would expect the clutch to be mostly transmission dependent. I doubt that an F35 clutch would work with the F23 transmission.

Wes

I got the 9.5" clutch/flywheel from ZZP. If you're going to add a blower then this is the way to go. My stock one started slipping as soon as I added boost. I got the stage 1 and have had no issues since.