CNCMan's City Ext 07 LS Manual

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
The last post was some pics of the side panels. I was catching my foot on the angled bar by the clutch pedal, so I wanted to cover that. I thought about doing an inside only panel and have an exoskeleton look, but I think it would just be a cleaning mightmare and some of the things like the seatbelt attachments kinda got it the way. So I put the regular DF side panels on which allowed me to cut back on the end that is behind the clutch giving the pedal more room to travel. I also ran a rubber edging ( https://www.mcmaster.com/8693K21/ ) along the top of the panels and covered the insides with a dampening mat. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B794KNH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 The mat goes a long way to keeping down rattle and noise from the sheet metal. In the pics above the diver side has both inside and outside panels, the passenger side just has the outside panel. I also added an alum block inside the bottom of the panels that is a bit smaller than the bottom tube (no drilling and tapping into that one!) It is 1.400 thick so it pinches on the bottom and holds it in place.
Ok, now that you stated these changes they pop out in the photos.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
The last post was some pics of the side panels. I was catching my foot on the angled bar by the clutch pedal, so I wanted to cover that. I thought about doing an inside only panel and have an exoskeleton look, but I think it would just be a cleaning mightmare and some of the things like the seatbelt attachments kinda got it the way. So I put the regular DF side panels on which allowed me to cut back on the end that is behind the clutch giving the pedal more room to travel. I also ran a rubber edging ( https://www.mcmaster.com/8693K21/ ) along the top of the panels and covered the insides with a dampening mat. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B794KNH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 The mat goes a long way to keeping down rattle and noise from the sheet metal. In the pics above the diver side has both inside and outside panels, the passenger side just has the outside panel. I also added an alum block inside the bottom of the panels that is a bit smaller than the bottom tube (no drilling and tapping into that one!) It is 1.400 thick so it pinches on the bottom and holds it in place.
The Mat is a great idea,, just wonder how UV stable it is...

CncMan333

The Mat is a great idea,, just wonder how UV stable it is...
Do you mean as far as breaking down in the sunlight? It is inside the aluminum panels keeping the sheet metal from buzzing on the frame rails and making the sheet metal more rigid. It is pretty neat stuff, I should have made a video with the effect that it has on sheet metal, with out it sheet metal will ring and vibrate with each twist or thump, with it adhered to one side it deadens it and when you thump it it sound like thin wood or dense cardboard. I figure it will cut down on the road noise from general creaks and bangs.

CncMan333

Some storage options for your goblin. The one beside the seat is a short Lebogner car organizer, the one between the seats is a larger full seat size organizer, and the one in the engine compartment is a waterproof, fireproof document bag, grometed and screwed to the cross tube and velcroed to the top of the fuel tank. Of course this only works with a non turbo or supercharger car.

IMG_20210308_161114152.jpg
IMG_20210308_161150305_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210308_161132198_HDR.jpg

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Looks very 'business-like'. Would make the argument for anyone with Montana plates (not in Montana) much more convincing. 'Yes officer, this is my business vehicle'. :p

CncMan333

Looks very 'business-like'. Would make the argument for anyone with Montana plates (not in Montana) much more convincing. 'Yes officer, this is my business vehicle'. :p
I am going more for touring and adventure than business... The goblin had sat dormant for over a year, but I was inspired to get back to it when I rented a slingshot in Robinsville NC last year. We had a great time buzzing around the famous motorcycle roads up there with no roof beautiful views of the mountains and nice winding roads. This build is not a super high horsepower monster, but it is quick enough to be super fun, and no corners were cut and everything was done right to maintain reliability and comfort. The main thing that spires the search for the organizers was sitting in it and wondering how would I carry anything larger than tic tac in this thing.....

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Yep. I put a motorcycle tank bag between my seats to have some sort of storage. Works great. The motorcycle and utv world, has a lot of waterproof stuff that work well with the goblin.

G Atsma

Goblin Guru
Yep. I put a motorcycle tank bag between my seats to have some sort of storage. Works great. The motorcycle and utv world, has a lot of waterproof stuff that work well with the goblin.
Thinking outside of the box...... or tube frame..... lol

CncMan333

So you know how when you think you are finished, and you get to looking at something and you think you are not quite done.... I decided to do vinyl on sides and I think it is an improvement. The aluminum sides looked better before the hood was striped, but once it had color they didn't go as well.

Attachments

CncMan333

I thought that the engine compartment had some gaps, I know you turbo and SC guys fill those gaps with ultra cool go fast stuff, but made some vented covers to dress up the look of the engine compartment.

Attachments