CNCMan's City Ext 07 LS Manual

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Been a while since I sent an update to this page, but I am still here and still picking at it when there is time. The goal right now is to get it on wheels so it is more movable and the space can be freed up up some. The motor is bolted in but not connected. Things are coming together.
Great update! Just a reminder, the donor tie rod ends go in the back and the DFG supplied tie rod ends go in the front. Yours looked opposite. Forgive me if I’m incorrect.

CncMan333

Progress begets progress! Everything needs aligned but front and rear suspension is all together and looking good. We swapped the front and rear tie rods and it looks like there is a more appropriate amount of travel now, so thanks for the tip JeffsGoblin. Still a long way to go, but looking more like a car now!IMG_20191101_093505870.jpg
IMG_20191101_093437252.jpg
IMG_20191101_093411247.jpgIMG_20191101_093358597.jpgIMG_20191101_093353580.jpg

CncMan333

I got the head lights on. I modified the mount to push them forward and down a bit. I am also looking at raising the front end about 2 inches (the width of the tape roll in the pic) to make for better flow into the radiator. I cut a piece of plywood the size and shape of the inner lip of the front and bent the expanded metal around it. it clings to the lip pretty well but I will add a few screws on the inside to hold it. These are the head lights - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CX7KV3E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_20191106_124620116.jpg
IMG_20191106_124536985.jpg
IMG_20191106_124632821.jpg

CncMan333

The Amazon listing did not say anything about DOT approved and I dont see them on the Krator site. But the box say they are.

IMG_20191106_170131656.jpg

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
In order to be compliant, the glass on the headlight must state 'DOT'. The inspectors don't care what the box says, because anyone can put DOT compliant on anything and sell it dishonestly.

BAR-AIR

Agreed...
Had to go back and forth with the headlights on the BLUE car. Motorcycle headlights (5 3/4”) that were advertised with DOT lenses. They didn’t have the DOT markings on the actual lense....they did eventually send a new set with the DOT markings.
As I was told by the inspectors... if you do all the easy things (correct lenses, working horn, emergency brakes) we tend not to look as hard at the rest.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Yep, that one would work, as it has the SAE DOT stamp on the glass.

Forgive me if I've missed it, but, what state are you located in? The DOT stamp may not even be relevant to you. I speak from the perspective of someone from Pennsylvania, a state which is one of the tough ones to get registered, so the SAE DOT stamp matters a lot to me.

CncMan333

Yep, that one would work, as it has the SAE DOT stamp on the glass.

Forgive me if I've missed it, but, what state are you located in? The DOT stamp may not even be relevant to you. I speak from the perspective of someone from Pennsylvania, a state which is one of the tough ones to get registered, so the SAE DOT stamp matters a lot to me.
Florida, I have heard both DMV horror stories and stories of the Florida DMV being easier that a car show. I intend to have everything as legal and as right as possible when I go.

Oldchevyguy

Donor chassis is stripped and ready to be moved out. We dropped the power train and the subframe as a unit rather than the way the video shows so that we can get the chassis cleared out sooner and have better access to the motor and front suspension to strip it. All total I would say we are about 20 man hours into the job. Some of could have gone quicker, but we were in no hurry and wanted to be a good project. Once the chassis is picked up we will have space for the kit which should be here next week.

View attachment 3957View attachment 3958View attachment 3959View attachment 3960

Oldchevyguy

Florida, I have heard both DMV horror stories and stories of the Florida DMV being easier that a car show. I intend to have everything as legal and as right as possible when I go.
Hi there. Just curious how close you are on your build. I am in Bushnell/Nobleton, about a 1/2 hour from Inverness and would like to see your progress. I am about two weeks away from delivery .

CncMan333

Hi there. Just curious how close you are on your build. I am in Bushnell/Nobleton, about a 1/2 hour from Inverness and would like to see your progress. I am about two weeks away from delivery .
We are a bit more than half way through, but it is looking more like a car now. You or anyone in the Central Florida area is welcome to drop by the car is at my machine shop in Inverness.