CNCMan's City Ext 07 LS Manual

Lethalcast

You don't have to go crazy with dot stuff cnc. Mark in ocala looked at mine for 10m and I got theregistration. I even had some square light bar cubes for headlights on it haha. He's more worried about seatbelts, windsheild and making sure it had brake lights and a tag light.

CncMan333

I like it ! Is that and m6 with a 10mm nut insert ?
Actually I have a bad habit of using areospace hardware, so it is designed for 10-32x1 SHCS and nylock nuts.
You don't have to go crazy with dot stuff cnc. Mark in ocala looked at mine for 10m and I got theregistration. I even had some square light bar cubes for headlights on it haha. He's more worried about seatbelts, windsheild and making sure it had brake lights and a tag light.
I have heard stories both good and bad about Florida registration, it seems to depend on the mood of the inspector, but thanks for the heads up.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
I got the head lights on. I modified the mount to push them forward and down a bit. I am also looking at raising the front end about 2 inches (the width of the tape roll in the pic) to make for better flow into the radiator. I cut a piece of plywood the size and shape of the inner lip of the front and bent the expanded metal around it. it clings to the lip pretty well but I will add a few screws on the inside to hold it. These are the head lights - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CX7KV3E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 10558View attachment 10559View attachment 10560
Just figured out where I've seen this shape before:

War of the Worlds - 1953

CncMan333

Believe it or not we are still working on this... It has been a while since we got started, (frame #86) but we decided to do a little every week whether we had time to do it or not and that has made a big difference. Things are getting done, problems are being solved. The brakes and clutch are done, coolant tubes are done, now we are working on electrical issues. Maybe a few weeks from first start.

CncMan333

I probably should have done a few more updates to this in the past couple of months, but here we are. The progress gas been slow and steady, which is far better than the stalled progress we had before. We had some pretty major wire trouble shooting to do on the harness which I never would have made it through without help. But that has been resolved, and a local shop did some computer magic to fix some issues that we ran into because it was a california car with extra emissions nonsense that had to be deleted. Long story short we got it weighed today (1580) and will have the manufactures certificate soon and will be ready to see if the light of the DMV shines favorably upon us. I have some other mod plans but they can wait untill after it is street legal.
IMG_20210226_124329740.jpg
IMG_20210226_124255857.jpg
IMG_20210226_124305531.jpg
IMG_20210226_124201228.jpg
IMG_20210226_124023565_HDR.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Looks great man.

Why is the driver corner of your hood sitting lower than the passenger corner?

CncMan333

I wanted to add a few pics with the speaker locations, 2 on the roll bar of course, but there are also 2 behind the guage panel. The bracket also holds a Pyle marine amp.
IMG_20210301_111648388.jpg
IMG_20210301_111627190.jpg
IMG_20210301_111739831.jpg
IMG_20210301_133736788.jpg

Last edited:

CncMan333

Did you raise your hood?

Colum looks great!
Did you raise your hood?

Colum looks great!
The flanges on the hood were about a half an inch narrower than the ones on the frame and I could have spaced them out and gone to the same mounting location, but it would have made the slots in the dash bigger and with them at that height the center of the hood was sitting right on top of the gauge panel, so making the rectangle blocks allowed me to raise it a touch and account for the width difference. I want to make a different plate for the front clip of the hood so that it can be raised for battery access more easily but that is for after I get it inspected. Right now the hood is on and its solid but to take it off you need to remove those pivot bolts.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
The flanges on the hood were about a half an inch narrower than the ones on the frame and I could have spaced them out and gone to the same mounting location, but it would have made the slots in the dash bigger and with them at that height the center of the hood was sitting right on top of the gauge panel, so making the rectangle blocks allowed me to raise it a touch and account for the width difference. I want to make a different plate for the front clip of the hood so that it can be raised for battery access more easily but that is for after I get it inspected. Right now the hood is on and its solid but to take it off you need to remove those pivot bolts.
Man that cardboard flooring looks amazing . Seriously though I have dash envy

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
The no-skid on the floor looks way better than the cardboard floor mats in the previous photos. :D With the wiring all tied up, does that mean you are done with that and just have some finishing work to complete your Goblin? Looking real good.

CncMan333

The last post was some pics of the side panels. I was catching my foot on the angled bar by the clutch pedal, so I wanted to cover that. I thought about doing an inside only panel and have an exoskeleton look, but I think it would just be a cleaning mightmare and some of the things like the seatbelt attachments kinda got it the way. So I put the regular DF side panels on which allowed me to cut back on the end that is behind the clutch giving the pedal more room to travel. I also ran a rubber edging ( https://www.mcmaster.com/8693K21/ ) along the top of the panels and covered the insides with a dampening mat. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B794KNH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 The mat goes a long way to keeping down rattle and noise from the sheet metal. In the pics above the diver side has both inside and outside panels, the passenger side just has the outside panel. I also added an alum block inside the bottom of the panels that is a bit smaller than the bottom tube (no drilling and tapping into that one!) It is 1.400 thick so it pinches on the bottom and holds it in place.

CncMan333

The no-skid on the floor looks way better than the cardboard floor mats in the previous photos. :D With the wiring all tied up, does that mean you are done with that and just have some finishing work to complete your Goblin? Looking real good.
Thanks! It is getting really close. When the hood comes back from the vinyl place I will be ready for DMV. I could be on the road very soon.....