Coffee & Cars

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
If I remember correctly, from my wandering memory, the transmission is in front of the engine with a transfer driveshaft beside the oil pan going back the rear differential? This also allows for AWD by running a driveshaft forward to a front differential. Takes up a lot of space. Don't remember if it was the Diablo or another supercar with this layout?
Ha! My memory is not as bad as I thought!

That's the transmission between the seats. And a driveshaft going to the forward differential.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Joebob, brett, Billy (RCK605, not done yet with his goblin) and I went to a coffee and cars today. Got VIP parking :cool: good mix of old and new out there. A whole lot of talking with people and the best part is the “I have heard about these, but haven’t seen one”. :cool: We have been to this one before held at BRCC and the organizers are always happy to see us. Maybe one day we will get them out to autocross for a ride. Gotta work on that. It was 45 when I left this morning and 55 when I got home. Other than my hands, I was nice and toasty. Gonna product drop here; I got new base layer last year from ZeroFit, and I gotta tell ya, it works pretty **** good. Better than any under armor I have. . :cool: Anyways pics (of cars).
8C196AE9-4432-4F25-809A-CC6E1A0FDBDF.jpeg
D536FC48-E7C9-47DE-926F-DC67E3BF8D9A.jpeg
17CDBE08-A835-4370-9965-AB36A35A1403.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I went to car meet this morning with a buddy of mine that has a new corvette. There was Ford GT MK-4 Race Car (limited to 67 worldwide and only 4 have been delivered so far) that was pretty impressive. Lots of cars and I got front row at the entrance. :cool:
IMG_7239.jpeg
IMG_7242.jpeg
IMG_7248.jpeg
IMG_7246.jpeg
IMG_7249.jpeg

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Ford GT MK-4 Race Car

on the plus side, he had video of him at COTA with it. So at least it gets driven properly.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
To be honest, I had no clue what it was other than a gt from ford. Look fun to drive…….if you can get in it. :eek:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
That car had a total identity problem. :D There was a General Lee there, but they didn’t park together. Would have been epic.

Last edited:

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Ha! My memory is not as bad as I thought!
View attachment 42004
That's the transmission between the seats. And a driveshaft going to the forward differential.
One way to do that is mount the Cobalt powertrain package(engine and trans) N/S in the passenger seat and run half shafts N/S to diffs mounted front and rear(with IS). Need to source really tall final drive gears for the internal diff(I.E. 2.00 to 1?) and really tall Diffs(on the order of 1.50 to 1?) Ever seen a historic Baja racer(Piloted by James Garner) called the Banshee? (Seriously, it only looks crazy until someone builds one.)