Coffee & Cars

RCK605

What? You saying we might stand out? :eek::D

wanna put money on what your first comment is? :p
First words from seeing it or riding in it? Riding in it might be a little more colorful of language!

I already have about 3 different build plans/paths in my head. I'll need y'alls help to determine the must haves.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Seeing it. you’ll understand when you see it in person. Everyone on the board knows what I’m talking about. :D

Test ride has its own language and autocross is either speechless or a language not yet defined. Haha.

good. There’s a ton of ways to go with these. Just gotta figure out the plan you want. Seeing and riding in them will help a ton. Plus we can help you decide to do or not do things that will be beneficial or not.

RCK605

Seeing it. you’ll understand when you see it in person. Everyone on the board knows what I’m talking about. :D

Test ride has its own language and autocross is either speechless or a language not yet defined. Haha.

good. There’s a ton of ways to go with these. Just gotta figure out the plan you want. Seeing and riding in them will help a ton. Plus we can help you decide to do or not do things that will be beneficial or not.
I'll probably make a post in the coming days with my thoughts and reasoning behind each. I feel like there isn't really a 'wrong' way to go about it, just avenues with less resistance.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Start with a basic donor and build the car as designed (aside from possibly frame mods). If you desire more from your car later, build up the engine then.

I built mine based on a SS/TC and I am content with the power it offers. I'll probably buy into HP Tuners at some point and try to coax a little more out of it, but the 260hp offered by the turbo Ecotec is, for me, plenty.

Starting with a stock power train, getting that turned into a running/driving Goblin, then building for power later, if desired, seems to be the most trouble-free path.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I'll probably make a post in the coming days with my thoughts and reasoning behind each. I feel like there isn't really a 'wrong' way to go about it, just avenues with less resistance.
Nope. No “wrong way”, but many can steer you in a better direction, if your build isn‘t correlating with what you want as a final goal. There is a lot of decisions to make and a lot of them will change on the fly. One of the big ones for me was my hood color was going to be wrapped in a blue carbon fiber. It turns out that wrap is only made by one company and it’s not that good. I ended up changing to black carbon fiber offered by 3M. Luckily everything matched with my color scheme, but if you look closely, there’s some blue on my car, like the seatbelts, that we’re going to match the blue wrap. Minor detail, but it all worked out.

The best part is, you can order your kit and you have until the time it gets welded to make changes. The bad part is, if you are wanting all out performance, the “ss” models are getting hard to come by. All else is just availability and what you imagine in your head.

Last edited:

RCK605

How big is that parking lot? Is this something we need to be real early for?
I haven't been to this one before. Parking lot isn't huge, but should be big enough that you don't have to get there super early. I plan to arrive right around 8.

Joebob

Goblin Guru
My son and I can go. It is close by the house but in front of the coffee store is small. does it bleed over to willies and Fuddruckers lots? @Rttoys: it may be better to get there at 7-7:30 is showing a car vs looking at cars.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
My son and I can go. It is close by the house but in front of the coffee store is small. does it bleed over to willies and Fuddruckers lots? @Rttoys: it may be better to get there at 7-7:30 is showing a car vs looking at cars.
Scott and I are meeting at the shell station on 6 and 290 at 7-7:15 if you want to join us.

ccgillett

I think that F40 in particular is worth a couple mil? That's awesome.
I encountered an F40LM at Watkins Glen at a lapping day back in the 90s. It was delivered to the track in the early morning by a crew. A separate Italian-speaking crew arrived later to prep the car. The owner turned up a couple hours later via helicopter. Then came his private instructor. It was quite a show. Unfortunately the thing was running poorly and the owner was not a great driver - so I was able to pass it driving something FAR less valuable :)

ColoradoCryptoTrader

since I am not registered I think I will be going to the next C&C in Denver by towing my goblin to the parking lot then driving into a parking spot. Anyone else ever do this?!? great pics by the way!!!