Hi!Any body ever register a goblin in Colorado? What did it take to get it registered?
For reference I’m in Greeley. My local office took one look and failed me on the spot without wanting to give me an explanation as to specifically why. The people in golden were actually helpful. After it was approved, they sent the vin plate to the office in Fort Collins (much closer to me) to have it attached.I have my DMV registration appointment today. I would strongly advise against getting the VIN inspection in Golden, I made it through but the officer was surprised and stated he called the State after doing mine as he didn't think mine should be approved.
3 general steps:
1. Get VIN inspection at CSP
2. Go to DMV to submit VIN request
3. DMV will send you a letter that will state your VIN has been approved and assigned (I waited 4 months, it was through the holidays)
4. You then need to make another appointment at CSP to get the VIN attached
5. Finally you can register at the DMV (insurance is required at this point)
What part of the state are you in?
Still more of an explanation than I got up northIn the end Golden did approve everything, the officer did not seem happy about it. I asked why he didn't think they should be approved going forward and his response was "it looks like a race car". I'm getting ready to build a Cobra replica and was far more open to that and mentioned they are safer and align with NTSF rules better, which doesn't seem accurate or true.
Not sure if everyone there shares the same view or this guy was just on a crusade.