[off market] Complete naked Goblin for sale - $12k obo

jpr

[Current status since I've had some people ask - it's off market until it has a title later this summer.]

Thinking about letting the car go. I've put about 4000 miles on it since completing it in April 2019. It is an automatic donor but has a manual/automatic switch. It's on BFGoodrich Rival S's mounted on 15x7 RPF1's. Sparco Sprint seats and 5-point harnesses. A feature I believe is unique among Goblins is that this one has a bike rack - holds tight even in the twisties.

Does have renewable tags, does not have a title.

Build log:

50291850778_6278d7d24c_k.jpg

Last edited:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
In the 1980s I helped a friend and work colleague build a Van's RV8. Took 4 years, mostly his time, but he had all the tools and hanger space to get it completed. Best use of 125HP ever, had 240knots tas when it was finished. And a great flying airplane with very neutral handling. Miss that airplane since he still lives in Southern Wisconsin. :(

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
So you've built a RV before? And used the tricks that an old WW2 mechanic used to make P-51s faster and applied that to a Lycoming O-290 '125 HP' engine (making about 160HP actually), Sensenich propeller, airframe lightening and aero mods? Would like to know how the results are all a fish story, because this was a great time in my life in my 20s when I learned more from him than you could learn at any A&P school and I am very proud of the work we accomplished creating one of the fastest RVs built at that time. Always appreciate the sarcastic comments that appear on this forum on occasion, thanks.:mad:

Last edited:

jpr

Built personally, no. Just hung flown in and with enough to know that 240 ktas and 125 hp are higher and lower numbers than you'd find in the typical RV-8, and to be extremely skeptical of someone claiming both on the same bird =)