Complete Wiring Diagram???

Jareth

Goblin Guru
When I performed the LS3 Engine Swap on a 68 Camaro I was able to find a complete wiring diagram similar to the image below.

Is there anywhere on the Web that similar could be found for Cobalt's? Even if I have to pay for it.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
A subscription to www.Alldata.com has the factory service manual info although there have been reports that some subscriptions didn't include the wiring diagrams/info they should. Also, new vehicles have gotten so complex on the wiring that most of the data isn't actually given as a picture, but will be list of circuit # coming from each plug and to trace it you have to dig through the tables for the individual plugs to figure out where it goes.

Ross

Goblin Guru
The wiring diagram will be different based on donor and the options on that donor.

Peregrinus

The wiring diagram will be different based on donor and the options on that donor.
Yeah, to much changes from motor type to motor type, we'd have to have a handful of different
When I performed the LS3 Engine Swap on a 68 Camaro I was able to find a complete wiring diagram similar to the image below.

Is there anywhere on the Web that similar could be found for Cobalt's? Even if I have to pay for it.

What was your donor? Ross's link above is your best bet if you used an lsj motor from an ss/sc donor. If you print off the entire wiring schematic for the lsj cars it's like 62 pages I think.

And if I remember right I pulled a good 15-20 sheets out of the pile that was stuff that was removed from the stock harness.

Brian74

Goblin Guru
The Chilton website is free if you are military. You can also try some different libraries as its offered free through several. The wiring diagrams on there are the same as the factory diagrams.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
The link in my signature has LNF wiring schematics for you to browse, pulled from my 2009 LNF alldata subscription.
That is a lot more schematics that is in my factory service manual. As I said above the factory service manual list circuit # that you have to match in other list to the connector it goes to.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Thanks, Mr West :)

I have been enjoying reading about your build over the last three hours, and only on page 11.
Glad you're enjoying yourself!

That is a lot more schematics that is in my factory service manual. As I said above the factory service manual list circuit # that you have to match in other list to the connector it goes to.
The AllData subscription was worth it, it helped me do my own wiring and helped solve gremlins afterwards. I also have a chiltons type book but it's almost useless in terms of wiring.