Control arm bushings

Ross

Goblin Guru
O'Reilly automotive will loan you a wheel bearing press. The big kit was $450 deposit, but it is fully refunded upon returning. Then you need to find something with the right diameter to press out the metal ring. Hopefully one of the rings in the kit will work. The kit has a C clamp to press out the ring, it is made to press out bearings but should work for this too.

Option B would be to use a hacksaw and cut the ring, but you might accidentally cut the aluminum swing arm if you aren't careful.

Other auto stores also have bearing kits, but O'Reilly had the biggest selection of rings that I found.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
I have a 20 ton press but finding something the same diameter. Im trying a 38 mm socket now, Wish me luck ..
Thank you I might have to go your suggestions

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Anybody have the bolt size for 2 smaller control bolts that hold the rear control arms to the sub frame on each side?

Last edited:

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
These
I don’t know how to measure them exactly
Thanks Zoom... those are the ones...

Found the size... they are M10 1.50 The reason I asked is because my powder coater unfortunately got Illusion Red powder coating in the threads and I wanted to run a tap through them before I attach them to the sub frame.

I'm sticking with the stock bushings that came with my new Moog control arms. I would like to go stiffer, but just don't want to put $ in that right now.