Coolant hose alternative

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
Yeah I've been messaging Ken. I thought the hoses were 1.5"? I guess I should have measured.
They measure out 1-1/8" ID, but I bought 1-1/4" fittings and they work. Confirm the size before you buy anything. I do plenty of messing up and don't want to drag you down with me.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
An earlier post at the beginning of this thread has the coolant fitting diameter and delved into many of the alternatives considered then.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Welding the barbs on was super simple and worked great! Super cheap, clean hose install, and no threads to seal.
IMG_20200606_191848.jpg
IMG_20200614_211716.jpg
IMG_20200614_211612.jpg

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
Jim, I see where you put your 'burb' fitting, looks like it belongs there. :D
Thanks. Worked like a champ. Pulled the upper radiator hose off at the radiator (why oh why is there no cap like in the video), filled through the new high point filler until it reached the top of the radiator and slipped that hose on quickly. Continued filling. Done. No burping. Ran it for 15 minutes, got great circulation at 176 degrees. Added maybe 2 oz of coolant. That frame gets hot hot. 176 on the way forward and 150 on the way back. No fan. I will probably get some more air out when I start turning a bunch of r's push the rest of the air from the radiator.

Yustas

Nice foot area heater!)) Does heat "climb" up to middle bar or to the top/entry bar? How hot they get after long run?

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
In case anyone was wondering how hard it is to pull a hose out, it's not to bad. Somehow put a pin hole in the hose right next to the frame taking the sub frame off or putting it back on. Tired a few different things before pulling the hose and none worked.

Cut the hose flush at the rear, attached some vice grips to the hose to hose connector with the clamp still on the hose in the frame, had my wife hold the rear and started pulling. She said she didn't feel the car move.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Bookmarking this post, just in case. I damaged my driver side hose when I was bolting up the subframe, but there was plenty of length left to just cut some off and move the hose connector closer to the frame.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Anyone who has ran -20AN SS hose through the lower frame rails, how difficult was it? Looks like the OD of the SS hose is .1” larger than the inner diameter of the frame rail. I’m assuming it’s easier than the rubber hoses, but curious if it’s worth spending the $400 for -20AN hoses and fittings or if I should go -16AN or pursue welding the fitments on like some others have.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Anyone who has ran -20AN SS hose through the lower frame rails, how difficult was it? Looks like the OD of the SS hose is .1” larger than the inner diameter of the frame rail. I’m assuming it’s easier than the rubber hoses, but curious if it’s worth spending the $400 for -20AN hoses and fittings or if I should go -16AN or pursue welding the fitments on like some others have.
My -16 fit but I don't think -20 would