Coolant hose leak at frame

Apparently I pinched the coolant hose on the passenger side rear that runs in the frame. Went to install the subframe and the coupling pinch the hose against the frame causing a leak. What are my options here? I’m sure I’m going to have to replace the whole hose, but for pulling a new one with the motor on is it possible to do or do I have to remove everything and start over? Also what hose do I have to buy to place this one. Thanks in advance

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Believe that a puller could be improvised to pull a new hose without disassembly. Getting the old hose out maybe more difficult. I'm sure there is some info in the forum about removing a bad hose, I'm not having much luck in my search so far.

Ross

Goblin Guru
These pics show Continental Hy-t heater 1" hose, but any 1" heater hose from your local auto supply store will work. Heat up your garage, and that will help make the hose more flexible.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Believe that a puller could be improvised to pull a new hose without disassembly. Getting the old hose out maybe more difficult. I'm sure there is some info in the forum about removing a bad hose, I'm not having much luck in my search so far.
Someone who drilled into their hose trying to mount the side panels used a come-along to remove the damaged hose.

Chubbs

If you were to just weld a nipple onto the end of the lower frame rail, could you just skip the hose entirely and run coolant directly through the frame?

You'd obviously have to flush out the tube first to get any weld spatter or shavings or what-not out of the tube, but it seems like eliminating the hose entirely would also eliminate one of the most frustrating parts of the whole build.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
It has been done but most choose not to for various reasons.
One of the biggest challenges is getting the carriage bolts through the front subframe mounting points. Those bolts sit just above where the coolant hose exits the frame.