Coolant level switch signal.

PHENDERSON

Hi all,

Hopefully my last harness question. I have a green wire by the BCM not connected to anything I traced back and found to be the Coolant Level Switch Signal. Does this need to be connected to something? I also have a green wire labeled "coolant tank" by the fuse box not connected to anything. Maybe these 2 need to be connected together?

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Hi all,

Hopefully my last harness question. I have a green wire by the BCM not connected to anything I traced back and found to be the Coolant Level Switch Signal. Does this need to be connected to something? I also have a green wire labeled "coolant tank" by the fuse box not connected to anything. Maybe these 2 need to be connected together?
One goes to the bottom of coolant tank

Attachments

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
In the video "DF Goblin Wiring Harness Guide Part 5 - Organizing the Main Harness, Pt. 2" the Coolant Tank connector should have been taped to the bundle near the fusebox (7:00 to 8:00 mark in the video), but the green wire should have run back to the BCM - did you cut this green wire? If so, I think you just need to connect it back.

I don't remember having to deviate from the video on mine ('07 SS/SC) and do not remember having to extend or reconnect anything for the Coolant Tank connector.

PHENDERSON

Yeah, but I have 2 right now. One at the fuse box and one at the BCM. They are not currently connected together. I'm pretty sure the one by the fuse box is supposed to be there but I'm not sure what to do with the one by the BCM.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Yeah, but I have 2 right now. One at the fuse box and one at the BCM. They are not currently connected together. I'm pretty sure the one by the fuse box is supposed to be there but I'm not sure what to do with the one by the BCM.
Right, but is the green wire coming off the Coolant Tank connector by the fuse box connected to anything or is it a loose wire?

If it is loose, you may have cut it and it just needs to be reconnected. I suspect this may be the case if you have 2 green wires and both are labeled as the coolant tank.

If the green wire coming off the connector runs back to the BCM and you have another green wire back there labeled for the coolant tank, I am not sure how to explain that.

PHENDERSON

I know for sure the one by the BCM is connected to the correct pin. I'll have to check in the one by the fuse box is a loose wire, good idea!

Looks like I'm cutting off a bunch of tape, again. That would be my advice for anyone starting out, don't tape up until you know your done.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Can you use a continuity tester to verify where the green wire terminates? This would save you from untapping.

PHENDERSON

Turns out my green wire by the fuse box wasn't connected to anything so I need to extend it to the one by the BCM.