Corbeau 5-point Cam-lock Harness Setup

mjgrusni

This is my first time working with a harness like this, so apologies if this question has an obvious answer.

Both of my harnesses have 2 different width lap belts. The adjuster of the 3-inch wide strap is huge and cannot pass through the opening in the side of the seat. The sewn-loop section from the strap's mounting point to the adjuster is long enough that the strap will not be tight unless the adjuster is in the seat, which I cannot see working with a person in the seat. I can't imagine the correct thing to do is have the adjuster being pulled tight against the outside of the seat. Did I get incorrect straps with my kit, or have I just not figured out how this gets mounted? I think everything would be fine if I had 2 sets of the 2-inch straps.

Attachments

mjgrusni

It just occurred to me that maybe the strap with the cam-lock isn't the bottom piece. I will look at it again tomorrow.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Referencing the picture of the harness from their website, looks like you have the harness turned 90 degrees clockwise currently. The belt on the left side in front looks to be the lower front belt. Then you should have 2 thick/long belts for the shoulders. The last 2 would be your side lap belts.

Attachments

JPas914

You can always pass the strap mount through the hole in the seat since it’s smaller....and then bolt it down.

mjgrusni

You can always pass the strap mount through the hole in the seat since it’s smaller....and then bolt it down.
I realize I could do that, but then the adjuster sits right in the bottom of the seat without enough length to pull it over your lap. You would be sitting on it.

mjgrusni

Just in case anyone else runs into this issue, it was caused due a design change in Corbeau's Cam-Lock harness. DF Kitcar stopped offering the updated Cam-Lock harnesses after I had received mine. Adam sent me a standard harness and all is well now.