Corbeau A4 Seats - Anyone installed or test fit these seats?

bradr

I am very interested in the Corbeau A4's, but I am concerned about them fitting down in the frame. My stock Cobalt SS seats do not fit between the tunnel cover and the side of the frame (the might if I removed some of the plastics). This is why I am questioning fitment.

If the A4's do fit, can you actually get to the tilt lever? Thanks in advance!

Ross

Goblin Guru
The Corbeau A4 are 19.5" wide at the bottom, which is the tight spot in a Goblin. The stock SS seats fit, if you remove the lower plastics, and trim 1/4" off the rear mounting rails bolt hole bases. My Goblin is 19.75" wide where the seat sits... So they should fit.

Last edited:

bradr

The Corbeau A4 are 19.5" wide at the bottom, which is the tight spot in a Goblin. The stock SS seats fit, if you remove the lower plastics, and trim 1/4" off the rear mounting rails bolt hole bases. My Goblin is 19.75" wide where the seat sits... So they should fit.
Thank you for the response. I am just not sure if the measurements they provide are the widest part of the seat or what they really refer to.

Oldchevyguy

I'm to this point. Can anyone elaborate on this stock SS seat modification procedure? Pictures would be great!

Ross

Goblin Guru
The plastic covers on the sides of the seats interfered with the DF frame, so I removed them.
The seat sliders have bolt holes at the back, which were 1/4" too wide for my frame. I cut the sides down to make them narrower.
The seat fronts wrap around the 1" square stock on the DF frame. I had to file them to remove a bump, then they could slide over the 1" square stock.
Here are some pictures.

Last edited:

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I ran into the same issue with the seat manufactures, they don't give good specs. I wanted accurate mounting hole dimensions and I had a heck of a time getting those. You would think being custom seats that this information would be more readily available for design and planning stages.