Corbeau FX1 Seats and Sliders?

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
My understanding is that the FX1 seats are both side and bottom mount. If you go with sliders, you will have to bottom mount and that will raise the base of the seat a few inches. Might be a deal breaker for those who are taller and wear helmets for race events. For me, sliders are gonna be mandatory so the wife can drive it as well.

SACTX

I have the A4 seats and their Cobalt sliders. Their sliders move the seat forward a few inches compared to the stock seats or the DF supplied seat brackets. I don’t think they’re taller than stock brackets but have not directly compared them. the FX1 holes might be in a different place...

Attachments

Ross

Goblin Guru
I wonder if anyone has cut the sliders off the Cobalt donor seats, and made them work for a race seat.

Anks329

My understanding is that the FX1 seats are both side and bottom mount. If you go with sliders, you will have to bottom mount and that will raise the base of the seat a few inches. Might be a deal breaker for those who are taller and wear helmets for race events. For me, sliders are gonna be mandatory so the wife can drive it as well.
Same reason here, I got the car up and running for myself, now need to enable my wife to drive the car as well!

I wonder if anyone has cut the sliders off the Cobalt donor seats, and made them work for a race seat.
I've heard that it's pretty hard to get the stock slider off the seats, and my seats are long gone at this point.

Take a look at my build thread... using stock sliders with FX1 seats...
View attachment 19141View attachment 19142
Looking good!

WYGoblin

I cut my seat sliders off the stock seats and used an adapter plate I got from ctuinstra. I used them on the corbeau seats you get from DF. Probably raised my seat height a couple inches maybe, but with the extended frame the loop behind driver is a couple inches higher so really not loss in safety for me at least.