Coronavirus and DF Kit Car

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys,

Everything at the shop is business as usual at the moment. If you've been to the shop you know we are off the beaten path so social distancing is not a problem for us.

Dallas County will be under a shelter in place order starting tonight at midnight. We are in Ellis County (Dallas County neighbors us to the north) so we will not be directly affected by this order. However, we do use suppliers in Dallas County so I've been reaching out this morning to see who will be affected.

So far our major suppliers are reporting that they will remain open because they have government/military contracts that make them essential businesses.

Several of you guys have planned to pick up or have kits shipped in the coming weeks. We are going to stick to these plans for as long as possible. However, we do want to warn you that your visit will be far more professional and less social than normal. We likely won't give you a full tour of the shop, give rides in a Goblin or hang out for a couple of hours chatting about the shop and your upcoming build like we normally do.

I will add updates here if anything changes. I will also email or call customers that are directly impacted by any changes.

Indy Lonnie

All our travel plans just got cancelled here in Indiana. We had a cruise planned for next week that got cancelled. We then planned to go to Sanibel Island for the week, denied. Governor just initiated a stay at home order. Luckily, I have a mound of parts to throw at the Goblin. I also bought used 2000 BMW K1200LT last July that took a back seat to the Goblin. It needs an $8 fuel gasket. I haven't done much this winter. I spent all spare time last year on the Goblin. It's time to get back at it... Isolate at home and work on the Goblin!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Adam, thanks for the heads up and fully understand that everyone needs to stay healthy and safe in the current working environment. We can be family though through the forum and hope everyone on here and their family and friends remain healthy until this blows over!

Anks329

I don't know about you, but building the Goblin is absolutely essential to me! :D

But seriously, thanks for the heads up, stay safe everyone!

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I picked up my kit 10 days ago and was worrying about this situation. I feel for the guys that will be sitting home knowing their kit is still in Red Oak. :(

SwerveMonkey

just so long as they are still taking new orders I'll be happy, tough call having to choose between chasing a dream and needing to dip into savings to stay afloat in these hard economic times

Thanks to everyone at DF and to everyone in the community please stay safe

Madkat

Things are looking bleak on this Planet of ours. We all need to follow the rules that the government medical professionals are laying out for us. Up here in Canada we have some hotspots. Mostly on the west and east side of our country, but where I am in central Canada (Manitoba) we’re doing fairly well. We are fortunate that our government got on top of it quickly ordering a lot of lockdown of nonessential travel along with shelter in place at home and closing of nonessential businesses. In these times we all have to pull together try to help out our neighbours and friends that may need help or ask for help if required. We see a lot of things going down hard to our neighbours in the south, just hope everyone can pull through this. We need to keep doing everything we can to keep ourselves and our families healthy! Hang in there DF Goblin family we WILL WIN!!

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Ellis County is now under a shelter in place order. For those that haven't encountered one of these orders yet, it means that all non-essential businesses must close to help prevent the spread of the virus. No matter how vital the Goblin and 324 kits are to the mental stability of guys going stir crazy in quarantine, it is hard to pass the kits off as essential products.

Luckily we are still going to be able to get some work done because our machine shop has active contracts on projects for the Department of Defense. That work is considered essential so we'll redirect our efforts to those parts.

I've been reaching out to guys all morning who had planned on picking up kits or having kits shipped soon. If you fall into that group and haven't heard from me, please give us a call or shoot me an email so that we can discuss what's going on.

For those who already have their kits, stay at home, work on your Goblin and share as much of your progress as possible on the forum so the other guys have a way to get their fix without being able to work on their own kits. Hopefully if we all stay away from each other for a little while we can get back to normal soon.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
...and don't forget the dope shops for your recreational reality escape, those are at the top of the essential list in certain states...REALLY!!! Those of us who are on the government and/or DOD essential manufacturing list to keep our military and national security up and running, stay healthy and safe.

Adam, keep the faith and stay busy, please. This national crisis will not last forever and I hope DF doesn't take too big a hit on the commercial business side before this is all behind us. We really need DF to come out of this and keep the Goblin party going! :)

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
If golf courses and liquor stores can be considered "essential" up here, then I'm sure you can make a case for Goblins being essential. :)
I do not know about you Brian but after a week of shelter in place the liquor store is essential here in PA! But of course the Governor has ordered them closed to keep social distance.:confused:

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Good Morning,
Well the good news is Andrew Cuomo is going to save the world (NOT ???)... and the airlines are still flying bringing the virus with us!!!
Bruce
I heard rumor that they were going to shut down the domestic air travel. Just a rumor though.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Adam,

Just trying to gauge whether I should be waiting for the next wiring video(s), or if I should just attempt to proceed from where I am at, using the old videos. Are you guys going to be doing any editing while all this COVID-19 stuff is going on?

Thanks in advance.

MisterDave

Adam,

Just trying to gauge whether I should be waiting for the next wiring video(s), or if I should just attempt to proceed from where I am at, using the old videos. Are you guys going to be doing any editing while all this COVID-19 stuff is going on?

Thanks in advance.
I've heard that the next video might be out soon.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Adam and Lonny,

I hope things continue to go well for you guys and you're able to continue splitting time with the work that classifies you as a vital business, and the work you do for us that is strictly non-essential and for our enjoyment. We will understand if it comes to pass that you need to set aside the kit car business for a while. After all, these are strange times and it's not often the world is hit with a life-endangering pandemic.

To anyone that is in the middle of doing business with DF,

Please stay patient. I understand it's tough to wait on your toy, but it's just a toy. Right now, we're lucky that DF is even doing anything on the kit car side of the business.

Thanks for listening.
Jeremy