Corrugated wire protection?

Iwanttogofast

I am getting ready to get into the harness part of my Goblin, and am wondering if I should use corrugated wire cover / protector like is around the harness from the factory. The videos appear to show just taping the hell out of the harness. Not only could that be a sticky mess if you ever need to get back in there in the future, but electrical tape really doesn't offer great abrasion protection. I've got a bunch of this stuff sitting around from and old project. Should I use it?

20211212_105502.jpg

Joebob

Goblin Guru
I am getting ready to get into the harness part of my Goblin, and am wondering if I should use corrugated wire cover / protector like is around the harness from the factory. The videos appear to show just taping the hell out of the harness. Not only could that be a sticky mess if you ever need to get back in there in the future, but electrical tape really doesn't offer great abrasion protection. I've got a bunch of this stuff sitting around from and old project. Should I use it?

View attachment 29437
I used a split sleeve like this:

wire loom

It holds the wires tighter and looks a little more upscale. I did keep the stock corregated on the engine loom if it was in good shape.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
If you have it, there’s nothing wrong with using it. I used spiral loom on my main harness that I had laying around. It was going to be covered in the tunnel anyways, so might as well use it.