Critter's #374 Extended Frame Track - 07 SS/SC donor build

Critter

Hello Everyone!

My name is Justin and I live in Las Vegas, NV. I should be receiving chassis #374, an extended frame track model with double door bars, sometime in late February or early March. The donor is a 160K mile 2007 SS/SC manual transmission with a bunch of ZZP speed parts already installed.

The plan is to document the build with photos and videos focusing on the little things that are often overlooked/not documented well. The end goal is to have a street legal track car for autocross and track days so I no longer beat on my daily driver. I am looking forward to hearing from the forum, please chime in if there is something you want to see documented more thoroughly in the build process, or if you have any tips/tricks.

Last edited:

lksohm

Welcome to the group! Fellow '07 LSJ donor here. Don't be afraid to ask questions and share experiences. You get lots of bonus points here for extra pics.

Critter

Welcome to the group! Fellow '07 LSJ donor here. Don't be afraid to ask questions and share experiences. You get lots of bonus points here for extra pics.
Thanks for the welcome! Striving for lots of pics/vids. I am setting up the garage with a time lapse camera and will make sure to post as I go.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Best advice for tear down I can give you is label everything. And I’m sure someone will (me) point out don’t forget the grab the parking brake tubes and cables

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Will do! I am enlisting the kids to help (15 & 17) so there will be plenty of hands in the mix to "help". Last time my Son helped he was 5....never did find that shifter knob.
I did my own harness rework and it helped out immensely. I also relabeled wires as I cut and spliced. I had never done an wiring or soldering and by the time I was done my car started in the first crank

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Welcome. :)

These cars are a hoot. Your sons will have a lot more to smile about once it is finished.

RobC76

Good luck
Love the family experience! Hard to find this in the world today. Always here if I can help.

Critter

Oh man, I am so excited! Got the garage all ready to go and I am starting teardown of the donor this Friday.

Critter

Nice, looks like there are three or four of us here in Vegas now. Were you going to register yours for street driving?

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
Nice, looks like there are three or four of us here in Vegas now. Were you going to register yours for street driving?
Grant Cropper lives farely close to me. That's the only other Goblin that I'm aware of here. We both have had our cars registered since January of last year. It's not easy, but it is posible.