Crushed Door Removal

Iwanttogofast

I did a couple of searches before posting this, but didn't find anything. I'm sure that some of you have had a crunched door like my donor. How were you able to remove it in order to gain access to the interior and dash? I tried a couple of things briefly yesterday that did not work. Help?

Pic04.jpgPic01.jpg

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I’d suggest the front fender be removed, then remove the bolts to the door. Once those are removed, you can reach through the window, pull the handle on the inside and yank the door off.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Borrow a Hydraulic Jack Body Frame Repair Kit from your local auto supply store.
Push the crushed door out from the inside. Sawzall & push until you can get to the bolts.

Last edited:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I did a couple of searches before posting this, but didn't find anything. I'm sure that some of you have had a crunched door like my donor. How were you able to remove it in order to gain access to the interior and dash? I tried a couple of things briefly yesterday that did not work. Help?

View attachment 26746View attachment 26747
Had the quarter panel pushed into the door on my donor that prevented the door from opening. I ended up using a cutoff and Sawzall to open the quarter panel and rear edge of the door to get at the latch mechanism and applied some brute persuasion with a 4 foot crowbar. It eventually popped open - and I didn't damage myself in the process. OR you could get the local fire department to come over and do some practice on your car?

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Had the quarter panel pushed into the door on my donor that prevented the door from opening. I ended up using a cutoff and Sawzall to open the quarter panel and rear edge of the door to get at the latch mechanism and applied some brute persuasion with a 4 foot crowbar. It eventually popped open - and I didn't damage myself in the process. OR you could get the local fire department to come over and do some practice on your car?

Fire department!!!! That is the best idea I have heard today!!!! :)

Iwanttogofast

Just a quick follow-up for anyone else who may run into this issue...

I was able to get that crushed passenger door off, but it was a beotch. I ended up taking all of the fasteners off of the fender except that top one that requires the door to be open. Then I bent the fender up and removed it with a cutoff wheel. Took all of the door hinge bolts out, but still had the pivot arm to deal with. I was able to get a straight die grinder with a small cutoff wheel in there to cut that. Then a lot of bending back-and-forth on the front of the door, and large pry bar at the latch area until I had access to the latch. Sawzall and it dropped right off.

Pic06.jpg20210918_181528.jpg