ctuinstra's City Goblin - 07 SS/SC donor 2.0

Dylan Stan

Hey i just had your gauge file printed for me by a friend. Thanks for the file you posted! I had a questio as to how you mounted to your steering column. I have both pieces printed and the jegs part

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Chad sent me one. You drill two holes in your steering column. If your better than me with getting properly angled holes with a drill, you can tap the holes with an 8-32 tap. In you suck like I do, you'll have to take the steering wheel off and use nuts.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Also my bracket from jegs was bent the other way so the holes in the bracket didn't line up with the standoff. You can easily fix that by using one of the existing holes and drilling a new one in the bracket.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Sorry for the late reply. I used the stand off to mark the holes on the column. Then start drilling with the bit perpendicular to the aluminum collar so you are drilling straight. Only drill just to start a divot to keep the bit from walking. You can then go back to using the stand off to help guide the bit from walking. Take your time and it will be fine.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Chad,

I have no idea how I missed your build threads until this morning. I'm so sorry for version 1.0 ... but I was glad to see your son was not hurt in the accident. Since I've started working on a Goblin project of my own, my wife's biggest worry has become what's going to happen to me as a result of this car. I could see it on her face when she asked about the wiring harness laying in my office for thinning (lol) and I explained to her that a large number of the wires needed to be removed for features not used in the finished kit car, like ABS, airbags, etc. That's all I needed to say; that seed in her mind has germinated and she's now convinced I'm going to end up badly off.

If I come up with any solid tips to pacify a worried wife, I'll be sure to share.

I admire your resilience in rebuilding your wrecked Goblin!

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Tell her you could sell it and get a motorcycle instead.

Offer to do some track days so you can learn to handle the car better.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Its been a while since I posted on this build. We really haven't done much other than enjoy driving it. Kaleb had it out about two weeks ago during a warm spell this winter. Now we are modifying it and installing a boost-referenced fuel system to help with tuning. I have a thread on that started here:

http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/boost-referenced-fuel-system.1085/

We are also going to lower the heat exchanger. Nothing else at the moment planned.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Chad,

Any chance I could pay you to print me a push-button bracket as shown in post #106 of this thread?

Thanks in advance!