ctuinstra's City Goblin - 07 SS/SC donor 2.0

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Everyone else is updating their builds, I guess I should update ours also; although there isn't much"building" going on anymore.

Kaleb was home this weekend and took the car out both Saturday and Sunday. I couldn't be happier with it right now. With the tune its running the best it ever has. Starts great, doesn't backfire, it's not running rich and even smells mostly clean even without a cat. The handling is so much better now that we have the suspension issues resolved and the alignment spot on. We are getting a small amount of popping from the upper helm joints when first applying the brakes. And the valve cover rubber gasket is leaking a very small amount, because of this, I may go back to the vacuum line on the carankcaae vent to help reduce a build up of pressure in the valve covers.

Just going to enjoy it this fall and have a "upgrade" planned for this winter. Next week Kaleb wants to take it back to college with him to ride some of the local roads.

View attachment 17191
Does Kaleb have any concerns with theft and what does he do when bringing to college? I will be doing a overnight stay soon for a few nights in the mountains the car is on a trailer but my concern is of theft because the car is so light and technically my straps could be cut ramp dropped and pushed away if I’m not careful. I could back up to a bank but trying to think of solution on and off trailer.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Does Kaleb have any concerns with theft and what does he do when bringing to college? I will be doing a overnight stay soon for a few nights in the mountains the car is on a trailer but my concern is of theft because the car is so light and technically my straps could be cut ramp dropped and pushed away if I’m not careful. I could back up to a bank but trying to think of solution on and off trailer.
Sure, that’s always a concern. He lives in a house at the moment and will park the car around the back of the house and off the street. I sure hope that’s enough to deter them. They had an ATV parked there most of the summer and no one was even at the house all summer.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Maybe a simple car alarm could help with your peace of mind...and a level of security adequate to deter theft. :)
People ignore those things anymore and thiefs laugh at them. I guess it’s better than nothing.

My old Ford truck ran on propane and had a unmarked switch that would switch between gasoline and propane and had a middle position for not gas. That was a great way to prevent theft, even it they were to Hotwire it, it wouldn’t start with no gas.

My friend had an old Camaro that you had to push in the cigarette lighter in order to complete the ignition circuit to start it. I always thought that was clever.

Bottom line, a custom theft system is probably the best system. Or a GPS tracking device!

Brian74

Goblin Guru
People ignore those things anymore and thiefs laugh at them. I guess it’s better than nothing.

My old Ford truck ran on propane and had a unmarked switch that would switch between gasoline and propane and had a middle position for not gas. That was a great way to prevent theft, even it they were to Hotwire it, it wouldn’t start with no gas.

My friend had an old Camaro that you had to push in the cigarette lighter in order to complete the ignition circuit to start it. I always thought that was clever.

Bottom line, a custom theft system is probably the best system. Or a GPS tracking device!

I used to run a proximity sensor on my convertible that would emit a friendly vocal warning and a signal to a pager anytime someone got too close. The only real problem was the motion sensor wasn't consistant in varying temperatures and weather conditions. I think with the sensitivity turned way down, It might work well in a Goblin due to it being a more open space.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
With as few Goblins as there currently are in any given location, would be hard for one, even stolen, not to stand out and be noticed. And I'm certain it would catch the eye of the local constables, especially if it is reported stolen. :)

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru

What solution I have done is unplug slightly the ignition plug it looks like its still plugged in but not.

jayrolls

Sorry for the late reply. I used the stand off to mark the holes on the column. Then start drilling with the bit perpendicular to the aluminum collar so you are drilling straight. Only drill just to start a divot to keep the bit from walking. You can then go back to using the stand off to help guide the bit from walking. Take your time and it will be fine.
Chad,

Do you have any pics of this mounted?

Rauq

Goblin Guru
If you're interested I can get some more/better pictures of my gauge pod. I replaced the column mount bolts with 1/4" longer and they go through the bottom of my gauge pod mount.

link

Last edited:

jayrolls

If you're interested I can get some more/better pictures of my gauge pod. I replaced the column mount bolts with 1/4" longer and they go through the bottom of my gauge pod mount.

link
I think the pic works. Now I at least know what I’m supposed to mount too.