ctuinstra's City Goblin - 07 SS/SC donor **Licensed**

Esstover

We opted to ditch the standard headlamps for something a bit different. We struggled with coming up with something that we really liked and was yet still affordable. We already had a set of Rigid Industry Dually LED lamps that we had on the ATV and really, really loved them! So we moved them over to the car and added an additional set. The inner low beams are a flood pattern and the outer high beams are a spot pattern. I used the leftover square stock from mounting the heat exchanger to make a mount for the pair. I cut the stock with my mitre saw and drilled them with the drill press and brand new bits. It's a pleasure to work with good tools, it really helped it come out nice. The layers pieces are drilled and have press pins inserted to hold them together and keep them from moving. Kaleb wired up both the lamps. We will have to align them when it dark out.

I know the your burning question, do they meet the DOT requirements? Anymore does anything really meet the DOT requirements? I am so sick of these new pickup trucks with $^&# LED lamps pulling up behind me on the highway and completely blinding me in my little car. They are no less of a hazard then these! These really aren't that obnoxious when aimed properly and this low to the ground. End of rant.

View attachment 4083View attachment 4084View attachment 4085View attachment 4086View attachment 4087
Do you have the actual Part# for the lights you used? i'm curious what lumen, footcandle, watt (whatever they decide to use) output they are for both the spot and the flood. I think this type of setup looks the best on the car.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Do you have the actual Part# for the lights you used? i'm curious what lumen, footcandle, watt (whatever they decide to use) output they are for both the spot and the flood. I think this type of setup looks the best on the car.
They are the Rigid Industry - Dually. I don't believe they make that exact model anymore and have gone to the D-series and D-Series PRO

Here is one that is still available on Amazon:

I used the flood for the low beam and the spot for the high beam. Aim the flood low and the spot higher up the road. They work awesome, and the new ones are probably even better.