Custom STL Files for 3D Printed Goblin Parts

Rauq

Goblin Guru
I am working on some bigger stuff but here are a couple of other parts I have made that fit on any build.

Coolant hose bracket to keep it away from the supercharger and the belt.
Rookie 3D printer question, in what orientation did you print this part? I'm thinking flat, with the Y parallel to the build plate, with support structures turned on.

Rookie 3D printer question, in what orientation did you print this part? I'm thinking flat, with the Y parallel to the build plate, with support structures turned on.
You can obviously print it however works best for you, but I printed it in its natural orientation, a little more support than flat but it leaves all the supports on the underside out of view.

Lando217

Hi everyone. Saw this thread recently and there are many good ideas! I 3d print as a hobby and i am a novice in creating prints, but attached is a Evap purge solenoid block off plate i created a couple years on fusion 360 and wanted to share it. I was not very good with a build log but my goblin is complete here in Illinois. If i remember correctly when i was at the stage of mounting my engine in the frame i read that the purge solenoid is not needed but, was needed to plug the existing hole otherwise there would be a vacuum leak in the intake manifold? So i tried to clean up the look of big solenoid. I created a block off plate that uses the existing bolt to mount and gasket to seal.
I hope I read correctly that the solenoid is not needed and hope this block off plate does no damage to the LNF motor. Please let me know any information. thanks!

Attachments

jaredthenav

Has anyone designed any wheel center caps? My son is getting started with designing his own 3d files, and wants to try some center caps; wondering if anyone has a place to start, or a really cool design.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Has anyone designed any wheel center caps? My son is getting started with designing his own 3d files, and wants to try some center caps; wondering if anyone has a place to start, or a really cool design.
I made some with little orc/goblin faces poking out, but I haven't put them on yet... Not sure I want them falling off at speed. They're also made for my wheels and don't fit the OEM cobalt wheels.

They're 50mm.

Attachments

Lando217

I made some with little orc/goblin faces poking out, but I haven't put them on yet... Not sure I want them falling off at speed. They're also made for my wheels and don't fit the OEM cobalt wheels.

They're 50mm.
We can always scale it to fit our rims:)

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I added @Rauq 's braided SS brake line holder and my edit of the same file to fit OEM rubber hoses. These fit powder coated frames fairly well, thanks Rauq for your model!

Also edited the format of the first post to allow for more items, since I quickly ran in to the max 20 attachment limit.... pictures are no longer automatically displayed.

Any model requests from anyone?

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Very generous of you West. I am planning to design a pair of brackets to surface-mount my new component tweeters using the stock hood mounting points, with a slightly longer bolt. I'd gladly pay for a job well done though, as I have no experience with 3D printing (yet).

If you're interested/willing, the tweeters themselves appear to be 19mm in diameter, so the mounting surface would need to be a little bigger than that.

Let me know your thoughts, I appreciate it!

Goblin Guru
Don't worry about it, I don't want to bother you any further. I'll get em printed out online. I'll let you know how they work out.

Goblin Guru
$11.60 shipped for two of them, from CraftCloud. Can't complain about that. Thanks again West, hope they work!

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
This is a coil cover for the LSJ engine. The split design was printed in PLA, whole design was SLS printed from Nylon PA12 and both bolted right up without issues. Including a couple different formats for the files to cater to everyone's needs for printing (stl, glb, obj, svg, mtl). Within the folder is a blank template (doesn't say "Goblin" in case you want to add your own letters), a split format of the "Goblin" so it can be 3D printed in most hobbyist printers (like my Ender 3 Pro) and a whole format of the "Goblin" if you want to have someone make this for you as well.

Attachments

Lando217

This is a coil cover for the LSJ engine. The split design was printed in PLA, whole design was SLS printed from Nylon PA12 and both bolted right up without issues. Including a couple different formats for the files to cater to everyone's needs for printing (stl, glb, obj, svg, mtl). Within the folder is a blank template (doesn't say "Goblin" in case you want to add your own letters), a split format of the "Goblin" so it can be 3D printed in most hobbyist printers (like my Ender 3 Pro) and a whole format of the "Goblin" if you want to have someone make this for you as well.View attachment 22404
Iam assuming the LNF cover is different? Lol

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Yes, the LNF doesn't have a factory cover at all, and the coils are turned 90 degrees and come right over the valve cover instead of the wires running to the end of the block. One can be made (and you'd make @TheNuker happy if you did the leg work) but I'm assuming it'd utilize the valve cover bolts