Cut the donor turn signal?

barichuk

I don't understand how to get the turn signal switch from the donor attached to the steering column. I have seen the pictures where it is on that last piece with the bars, but other than cutting the switch I don't see how it fits, and even if I cut it I don't see where or how to attach it to the bars.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I don't understand how to get the turn signal switch from the donor attached to the steering column. I have seen the pictures where it is on that last piece with the bars, but other than cutting the switch I don't see how it fits, and even if I cut it I don't see where or how to attach it to the bars.
Don't cut anything, not needed, and it may no longer fit properly. Play with it and use the photos from Ark D to get it setup correctly - make sure the mounting tabs/bars are installed with the 'wide' end around the switch to clamp it in place.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Mine was certainly not cut. To be honest, I don't remember my turn signal switch looking like yours, but it probably did.

*edit* You know what though, the turn signal stalk in my second donor was destroyed, so I used the one from my first donor, which was an early-model Cobalt SS/SC, rather than a SS/TC.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Hard to see but do you still have the wiper lever attached to this assembly that was on the opposite side of the steering column?

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Squeeze the tabs on the top and bottom of the signal, I think it'll slide right out the left side, then.

turn_signal_tabs.png

barichuk

Yours looks as if it was cut or detached somehow. Does the switch come out of the housing?
Mine was certainly not cut. To be honest, I don't remember my turn signal switch looking like yours, but it probably did.

*edit* You know what though, the turn signal stalk in my second donor was destroyed, so I used the one from my first donor, which was an early-model Cobalt SS/SC, rather than a SS/TC.
Yeah, I just found it. There are two small clips, top and bottom, and the switch pops right out. Thanks for the pics. They led me right to it.

Attachments