Dan B - City - 2006 SS/SC donor - Goblin #206

KD0AXS

Figured it would be a good idea to start a build log thread.

Finished the wiring harness earlier this week, just picked up my chassis from powder coating yesterday. Today was spent cleaning up and painting parts. My engine had a serious rear main seal leak, so there was lots of cleaning to do.

KD0AXS

Interesting header on the engine. Did it run and drive fine? Just curious.
It ran and drove, but the clutch didn't work right. Picked up the GM Performance Parts clutch kit and a ZZP Aluminum flywheel so that issue should be taken care of. Also have a shorty header coming since the one that was on it isn't going to work with the exhaust provided with the Goblin kit.

Ross

Goblin Guru
A rear seal leak can kill a clutch with oil. Great price on the donor. I also have an 06 SC. You are well on your way to completion!

KD0AXS

A rear seal leak can kill a clutch with oil. Great price on the donor. I also have an 06 SC. You are well on your way to completion!
I've got a 2007 SS/SC sitting here now too that will be another donor. Buddy of mine just put in his order for a Goblin so once mine is done we'll be starting on his. He picked that one up for $700. It had an electrical problem that they apparently couldn't figure out. I fixed it in about 15 minutes. 3 of the 4 ground wires on the front of the engine were broken off right where they attach to the engine. Then he sent the guy he bought it from a video of it running. :p

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
I've got a 2007 SS/SC sitting here now too that will be another donor. Buddy of mine just put in his order for a Goblin so once mine is done we'll be starting on his. He picked that one up for $700. It had an electrical problem that they apparently couldn't figure out. I fixed it in about 15 minutes. 3 of the 4 ground wires on the front of the engine were broken off right where they attach to the engine. Then he sent the guy he bought it from a video of it running. :p
hahaha... bummer for the guy, Great for your buddy! Welcome to the forum! I have a 07 SS/SC too. Great start!

KD0AXS

Some progress....Hoses pulled, Steering and pedal box installed, brake lines routed.

Pulling the hoses is easy when you have a winch to do the work. I did the swab method as shown in the video, then hooked the rope up to the winch. I have a wireless remote for the winch, so I just pushed the button and sprayed tire wet on the hose as it went in.

Attachments

KD0AXS

Wheels and tires arrived today. Haven't been updating this much, but this thing is just about done. Hoping to have it roadworthy by the end of the weekend. Should have my body panels back from getting painted next week then a few finishing touches and it will be done.
20200904_192317.jpg
20200904_184925.jpg