Dan B - City - 2006 SS/SC donor - Goblin #206

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Wow that's healthy! Is the top end of the motor all stock?

Do you have any more pictures of the mount for the tank and/or the fuel system?

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
A friend of mine swears by those tires, and I am in the market, but I'm concerned about running a "race tire" on a street machine. What's your opinion of them so far?
Looks like a high performance summer street tire to me; lots of us are running tires in that same category.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Just my opinion, but the only reason I could not running a 200TW or stickier is the parking lot pebbles. We're not heavy enough to really burn through tires and if we didn't want to drive something that handles like a Goblin we'd all be driving Cobalts. I'd not come across the Kenda Kaiser before but I bought a truck with Kenda's a while back and they treated me better than the Goodyears that replaced them, so it's good to see there's other options out there.

KD0AXS

A friend of mine swears by those tires, and I am in the market, but I'm concerned about running a "race tire" on a street machine. What's your opinion of them so far?
I've only had them a couple weeks, but they seem to be great so far. I did get a little time on a track with them last weekend and they definitely have some awesome grip. One guy pulled up next to me after getting off the track and all he said was "Holy s*** that thing can corner!".

The price on these was pretty good too, just over $100 each. A lot of 200TW tires seem to be made of unobtanium right now, but these were one of only a few I found that were readily available.

Last edited:

KD0AXS

Wow that's healthy! Is the top end of the motor all stock?

Do you have any more pictures of the mount for the tank and/or the fuel system?
Yeah the top end is all stock. Only things in the engine that aren't stock are the pistons and the head studs.

I don't think there's really much more I can show of the fuel system. I was able to get the new pump into the stock sending unit. The fuel rail fitting moves the return line to the end of the fuel rail instead of the filter, which helps keep the #4 cylinder from going lean under full power. The fuel now goes from the pump to the filter, then to the fuel rail, through the return line to the regulator, then back to the tank.