Dash Button Panel

jpr

Or for just a couple cents more - you can get them in metal.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Or for just a couple cents more - you can get them in metal.

The black ones are metal, just not a great picture.

jpr

D'oh! Ah well. Still saved like $60 over what I was ready to spend getting the plugs separate.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
For those who have done the custom panels with cruise control, do we need the + & - to actually engage the cruise feature or can we turn on and engage cruise control with just the single Cruise button?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
For those who have done the custom panels with cruise control, do we need the + & - to actually engage the cruise feature or can we turn on and engage cruise control with just the single Cruise button?
Yes, you need the plus and minus buttons to use cruise control. Cruise control button is just a latching button to enable or disable cruise, not to set it

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Yes, you need the plus and minus buttons to use cruise control. Cruise control button is just a latching button to enable or disable cruise, not to set it
Much appreciated! It sounds like I could have two buttons instead of three (no '-' for example).

One being an 'On' which is the Cruise button in the print and use the + button and call it 'Set' (I never use cruise control to increase or decrease my speed).

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I printed a modified one this weekend on my Ender 3 Pro, running a dovetail joint down the middle. This is a temporary measure because I didn't want to leave the house to go to Metal Supermarkets and get the materials to make the actual dashboard. I'll be getting some primer, paint, and mounting hardware after work today. Could anyone running one of these panels tell me what length fasteners they're using because I forgot to measure what I needed before leaving this morning.

Attachments

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
That's sweet, man. I need a place to put my USB ports for phone charging as well as an accessory power outlet, and probably some push buttons for future feature expansion. Please let me know if another one of these panels should happen to appear for sale! :D

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
That's sweet, man. I need a place to put my USB ports for phone charging as well as an accessory power outlet, and probably some push buttons for future feature expansion. Please let me know if another one of these panels should happen to appear for sale! :D
I actually have another one that has a cleaner face (printed directly on glass rather than using a raft), but the dovetail joint is much tighter to the point that I can't get it fully assembled. I'm sure it will work with some finishing effort; it's yours for the cost of shipping. I used 22mm buttons, for reference.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
I printed a modified one this weekend on my Ender 3 Pro, running a dovetail joint down the middle. This is a temporary measure because I didn't want to leave the house to go to Metal Supermarkets and get the materials to make the actual dashboard. I'll be getting some primer, paint, and mounting hardware after work today. Could anyone running one of these panels tell me what length fasteners they're using because I forgot to measure what I needed before leaving this morning.
I wish there were more buttons on your dashboard for the simple fact that I'd get to see how you named them. Hypothetically speaking, if you had Cruise Set, Resume, Accel, and Decel, how would you name them?

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I actually have another one that has a cleaner face (printed directly on glass rather than using a raft), but the dovetail joint is much tighter to the point that I can't get it fully assembled. I'm sure it will work with some finishing effort; it's yours for the cost of shipping. I used 22mm buttons, for reference.
PM'd

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I wish there were more buttons on your dashboard for the simple fact that I'd get to see how you named them. Hypothetically speaking, if you had Cruise Set, Resume, Accel, and Decel, how would you name them?
Honestly, I don't know. This all started because I fit a 1970 Road Runner horn in my car. I don't know if I would do the buttons again because of the cost. Those four were nearly $200.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Does anyone have a better picture of it mounted? I'm curious if it works in conjunction with the DF side button panels. It would be nice to have a place for mounting other buttons/outlets and this would be perfect if it works with the DF side panels.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
They'd both use the same bottom mount screw hole but one could go behind and one in front.

I modeled a fresh version of this dash panel modeled after the original, free of history defects and drawn with parameters and a single sketch. I'm almost done "finnessing" it if anyone wants to check it out. I have parameters for button hole size and I can get about 8 or so 19mm buttons in it comfortably.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Does anyone have a better picture of it mounted? I'm curious if it works in conjunction with the DF side button panels. It would be nice to have a place for mounting other buttons/outlets and this would be perfect if it works with the DF side panels.
Maybe this helps? I can get whatever angle you'd like..... (just follow me on my onlyfans /s)

PonchitoLSX

I can print one for you. Pay for shipping and a little for the material. Do you want it with or without the lettering? The lettering doesn't always turn out the best and since it's face down, you don't know it until the print it done and at that point hate to just throw it away and start over.
You still make these to ship