Dash cluster gauges don’t don’t work

Acewest

So I have a 06 supercharged beast. I just got it running and my biggest and or only current problem is that the gauge cluster doesn’t work as it should. The gas needle , Speedo and RPM don’t register and Info. Also the turn signals lights/hazards don’t light up on the dash. The cluster does light up and the preliminary mileage does come on prior to engine start but that’s it. Any ideas? I have checked all grounds and they seem good. Please save me before I rip the harness apart again. Also I do have a gray wire free in that area on the harness that as power when key on. No idea why it was left out. And my boost gauge don’t work either doesn’t move. Everything worked prior to the build. Thanks for the help guys.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
That's going to be an interesting one. My first thought it that you have an issue with the data lines. The lights will work fine because they are completely isolated from the rest of the dash using pin 8 and 16 and these are only for the lights inside, they go to nothing else.

1) So you could be missing power to the dash, the Pink wire on Pin 11. Doubt it, but worth the check.
2) Could be missing the Low Speed data. The green wire on Pin 9 (dark green). This comes from the big block of green wires and also goes to the DLC (OBDII port). Or this might have been tied in with other random green wires.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Kind of a poor image. Hard to get the whole thing. But this is the connector on the back of the dash. You won't really be able to measure anything on the low speed data lines, at least nothing that's going to mean anything to you.

Acewest

Hey how is the boost gauge suppose to look when working properly while engine is on and also while giving it gas. I cut the tan wire at the Ecm and connect it straight to the gauge. The needle sits at about 16 with engine on and when I rev it it drops down ? Is this Normal ?

Ross

Goblin Guru
Usually in vacuum until boost is requested. Vacuum will increase as revs go up, until boost engages.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Maybe the TC's are different, but my engine is under the most vacuum at idle around -20 or so. When I give it gas, it becomes less negative which should be a decrease in vacuum.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Maybe the TC's are different, but my engine is under the most vacuum at idle around -20 or so. When I give it gas, it becomes less negative which should be a decrease in vacuum.
True, when at idle, the throttle body is closed, and only a little air gets by. My engine is probably the same, I just need to pay more attention to the gauge. When the throttle body opens up, the engine starts pulling air, and as the revs go up, so does the intake vacuum.

Acewest

Ok so when driving I will really know if it works rt ? Cause when I rev it, it never goes pass +0. It’s always under 0. Idle is -16 I thing

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Do you have all your intake / charge pipe clamps sealed and tight? Even a little leak there will cause your situation.

Acewest

Yes it does move but doesn’t go pass +0. I think it may be ok maybe once it’s driving it’s different .

This is the location. PCM C1 pin 29. Anyone know what it’s for ? It’s a low reference wire. I have no idea why I have the wire out as a single

JERMzSS

Borrow or buy a bluetooth obd2 code reader. They are pretty cheap on Amazon. Then down load an app called TORQUE. See if your rpms and mph read through the obd2 port if yes you could have a BCM issue or an issue with the guage panel itself.

My wifes 09 SS/TC had similar issues. No mph, cruise control, a/c not working and it turned out that the air bags can somehow fry the BCM when they deploy.

Anks329

Borrow or buy a bluetooth obd2 code reader. They are pretty cheap on Amazon. Then down load an app called TORQUE. See if your rpms and mph read through the obd2 port if yes you could have a BCM issue or an issue with the guage panel itself.

My wifes 09 SS/TC had similar issues. No mph, cruise control, a/c not working and it turned out that the air bags can somehow fry the BCM when they deploy.
OBD2 reader is out for delivery today :) Aiming to test it this weekend to see if I track down the issue.