Dash hardness help

So I’m working on the goblin hardness and was working on the dash hardness, but noticed I’m missing one of the connector to the brake switch. Also noticed that I have a yellow wire and a red wire not connected to anything and looks like it was pulled out of possibly the missing connector or 2. The yellow wire was one of the wire that I had to label as (starter relay control). Oh and found that the hazard switch was also missing it’s connector. Please help

Donor is 2006 cobalt SS SC

Attachments

Last edited:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
There’s spots for 2 connectors to the brake switch, but there’s only 1 connector. This threw me for a loop too.
44ADF0BA-3539-40F0-A837-013F91205B21.png

There’s spots for 2 connectors to the brake switch, but there’s only 1 connector. This threw me for a loop too.
View attachment 33272
welp that helps for one part, so where does the yellow starter relay control wire go?
Hey Speedy- You are discussing a HARNESS. A hardness is something completely different.... LOL
Hahahaha ops didn’t realize I put the D in there

Attachments

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
You may have to give us more info on how you came up with the label of starter relay control. Not sure what that might be. You may need to trace it back to the other end to help track it down.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I believe it goes to the plug at the bottom throw of the clutch if I remember correctly. Your clutch has 2 switches, the top says the clutch isn’t engaged for cruise and the bottom says the clutch is engaged for the starter. I’ll try to pull the wire diagrams for the 06

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Typically the hazard light switch is replaced with aftermarket at least partially because they are a lot easier to mount.

I believe it goes to the plug at the bottom throw of the clutch if I remember correctly. Your clutch has 2 switches, the top says the clutch isn’t engaged for cruise and the bottom says the clutch is engaged for the starter. I’ll try to pull the wire diagrams for the 06
ahhh that might be it!
Go to the junkyard this weekend to get the connector

thank you!

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Stock should have 3 wires. a positive light supply to light the switch, a signal wire for the hazard lights, and a single ground for both the light and to ground the signal. To make the hazard lights work you ground the signal wire. A 2 pole locking switch works for that. The rest depends on whether you want it the switch to light up.