Dash Harness Sticky.

ZacMaster

Just thinned out the dash harness. (Could have worked on rear end disassembly, but it’s 6degF in the garage, so an inside project sounded nice.)

1. this is so fun.
  2. Accidentally cut out the remote key sensor/receiver. It’s not mentioned on the videos. Did I screw up?
  3. I kept the fog lamp switch. Cause why not?
  4. Didn’t realize there was a separate climate control harness. Saved in case it’s needed.
  5. Holy frijoles, Batman! it was sticky as heck due to the electrical tape goo. Google says to wipe the wires down with wd-40. There’s got to be an easier way! Soak the whole harness in acetone? (Of course not.) What says the brain trust?
  6. this is so much fun.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
  1. Agreed
  2. Depends on if you want to monitor your tire pressures or not.
  3. Up to you.
  4. Don't need it.
  5. I'm not sure if acetone will damage the insulation. Some people have soaked it in paint thinner for a few minutes followed up by an alcohol bath. If it were me, I'd just use isopropyl alcohol.
  6. Yep.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I guess it didn’t matter to me if it was sticky, it all got wrapped back up. Do not use electrical tape except on the ends of wire bundles. Tesa tape is 1000x better and doesn’t fall apart and ruin everything it touches.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
I am not sure where you are in the harness, but when you combine them, make sure you take your time and use a multi meter set on continuity to ensure you're cutting the right wires. There were a couple wires in my harness that were very close that I stressed about for a while.