Dash Labeling

ATMironov

Anyone have have any suggestions for decent looking labels for this dash?
I didn't leave much rooms for labels, and want it to look nicer than just a label maker.

IMG_8922.jpg

ATMironov

Something like this ? They come in all types

I do like those, but the stickers don't really work for me.
I need, Cruse Enable (should be easy to find) Transponder, Accusump, ABS, Dome Light for the rockers
and for round momentary switches I need Dash F1, Dash, F2, Set -, Res+
There is also a square switch that needs to say CAN Disconnect

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Just thinking out of the box, would something like these indicator lamps, in 8mm size, work - mounted directly above the existing round switches?

Scott #321

Could locally source someone who does lazer engraving to etch into the aluminum plating. Would probably be just as economical as having custom printed stickers made.

ATMironov

I’m really wishing I thought about labeling earlier.
I really like the label engraving, but the way the dash is laid out, there is not really room.

Now I’m thinking, what if I do a complete 3D design, and include engraved letters then get the thing milled on a CNC.
Anyone in the Goblin communit have a CNC and want some side work? @TheNuker ??

ATMironov

Spent a couple hours learning and playing with Front Panel Express' software.
Pretty easy to use. The only thing I couldn't find how to warp text, other than that it seems like they have most everything covered.

The panel below prices out at $181 using powder coated 2mm Aluminum, and not painting the engravings, just leaving them blank Aluminum.
This set up also lets me get rid of the crappy plastic housing for the toggle and the volt meter which I don't need.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I’m really wishing I thought about labeling earlier.
I really like the label engraving, but the way the dash is laid out, there is not really room.

Now I’m thinking, what if I do a complete 3D design, and include engraved letters then get the thing milled on a CNC.
Anyone in the Goblin communit have a CNC and want some side work? @TheNuker ??
I could do that, I have another new CNC coming that would be perfect for that Shop Sabre IS408 with 10 tool automatic changer!

Nuker-