Data Wires with No ABS???

Antcy18

My donor is an 2007 LS 5 speed manual and does not have ABS, so in the first step striping the main harness you need to cut the tan and black twisted data cables from the ABS connector. However I don't have an ABS connector so do I need to cut the twisted tan and black data wires at all?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I know this won't answer your question as you would hope, but the data wires when finished, no matter what the car configuration is, should start at the OBDII plug, then go to the power steering module and back out to the BCM and then back out to the ECM. All of these modules need to be connected in a daisy chain by the two data wires. The ABS module is completely cut out and if you don't have one, ignore it for now.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Post some images of where it goes to starting from the ECM. Show what connectors it goes into and back out of all of the way to the big body to dash harness connector.

On base models, it will usually go through the engine harness to body harness connector. We need to be sure we don't cut that out.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Post some images of where it goes to starting from the ECM. Show what connectors it goes into and back out of all of the way to the big body to dash harness connector.

On base models, it will usually go through the engine harness to body harness connector. We need to be sure we don't cut that out.
I waited to see if you would chime in. I should have waited a minute longer.

Antcy18

Thanks for getting back to me everyone! Here are the pics in order of the Data wire, thoughts?

Attachments

Joebob

Goblin Guru
This thread might help. It looks like you would link your ECM to the BCM. You can see my mark-up as I have the AT. Granted, I just finished my harness but haven't tested to see if I was right.

twisted pair GLAN wiring

The X101 is the Body/engine connector and the X201 is the Dash to body connector if not mistaken.

Joe

Lndshrk Steve

Ok. So if I read this correctly, as long as I have the OBDII to PS Module to BCM to ECM I should be good. The twisted pair from the Body to Engine harness are not needed?