Desert Sasqwatch #155 Track (mods) - 08 SS/TC crate LNF F40

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Yep a grinder is your best friend when using an old HF wirefeed welder. Welds are not pretty but get good penetration and are strong (I can stand on the flat floor bars, at 260lbs). :p

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Under. I will be extending the aluminum floor forward to meet up with the air duct plate I already welded onto the bottom of the radiator bracket and rearward to the front cross tube of the subframe. I will have nearly a full length flat bottom - any little bit of aerodynamic improvement will help. ;)

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
Under. I will be extending the aluminum floor forward to meet up with the air duct plate I already welded onto the bottom of the radiator bracket and rearward to the front cross tube of the subframe. I will have nearly a full length flat bottom - any little bit of aerodynamic improvement will help. ;)
Looks good. Nice and strong no matter where you stand. Next thing we know, you'll have ground effects built into it.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Good news boys and girls! I took a chance and ordered a set of Malibu drum brake bearing hubs. They are 5X110 bolt pattern and have no ABS connectors and have a nice steel end cap. Guess what, they fit perfectly. The end cap is flush with the aluminum upright with a perfect tight fit to the center bore and bolt holes. The part number on bearing is HB612289, from Auto Shack.com, not sure how this translates to a GM part number.

Attachments

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Good news boys and girls! I took a chance and ordered a set of Malibu drum brake bearing hubs. They are 5X110 bolt pattern and have no ABS connectors and have a nice steel end cap. Guess what, they fit perfectly. The end cap is flush with the aluminum upright with a perfect tight fit to the center bore and bolt holes. The part number on bearing is HB612289, from Auto Shack.com, not sure how this translates to a GM part number.
The price isn't bad at all.
Do you have a similar rear solution?

Maybe this? https://www.autoshack.com/HB613217PR

Just ordered pairs of both, let's see!

Last edited:

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
For what it's worth I got a set of the ones I mentioned in my post above. They came today and appear to be non abs as well and fit perfectly all around