Desert Sasqwatch #155 Track (mods) - 08 SS/TC crate LNF F40

Fozda

Goblin Guru
I tilted my windshield back but I also moved the column down and over plus the quick disconnect moved the wheel much closer to me. The wheel is nowhere near touching the windshield for me.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
It's been a while since my last post, but not much has been going on with my Goblin. My wife and I decided we will be moving, so my honey-do list just got a lot longer and moved up in importance. My Goblin building activities have been relegated to sorting parts (**** I've bought a lot of stuff), consolidating, and repacking into move-worthy bins. At some point, hopefully within the next few weeks, I will have all of the get-the-house-ready-to-sell things completed and I can sneak in some Goblin work as long as I don't over do it and make a mess. We aren't moving too far, from west valley to east valley, still in the Phoenix metro area - will always be a desert dweller (can't stand the cold). I will still be on the forum to get my hobby 'fix' and keep in touch with what is going on in the Goblin world. :)

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
It's been a while since my last post, but not much has been going on with my Goblin. My wife and I decided we will be moving, so my honey-do list just got a lot longer and moved up in importance. My Goblin building activities have been relegated to sorting parts (**** I've bought a lot of stuff), consolidating, and repacking into move-worthy bins. At some point, hopefully within the next few weeks, I will have all of the get-the-house-ready-to-sell things completed and I can sneak in some Goblin work as long as I don't over do it and make a mess. We aren't moving too far, from west valley to east valley, still in the Phoenix metro area - will always be a desert dweller (can't stand the cold). I will still be on the forum to get my hobby 'fix' and keep in touch with what is going on in the Goblin world. :)
Tim, I hope you are upgrading to a four car garage!!!! :)

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
The only way I could be convinced to move would be to move back to Prescott Valley.... But my wife would never go for that so I think I will live in this house till the day I die.

Brian74

Goblin Guru
East valley is great... Closer to the Salt River lakes. If I lived up there I wouldn’t be selling my boat.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
The only way I could be convinced to move would be to move back to Prescott Valley.... But my wife would never go for that so I think I will live in this house till the day I die.
You probably wouldn't recognize Prescott Valley, it has grown so much. The subdivisions are all the way up to the airport and starting to spill further north. There are also lots of new businesses and manufacturing moving into the area. Would be a great place to retire to if you needed four seasons, versus the two I get in Phoenix - nice weather and six inches from Hades.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
You probably wouldn't recognize Prescott Valley, it has grown so much. The subdivisions are all the way up to the airport and starting to spill further north. There are also lots of new businesses and manufacturing moving into the area. Would be a great place to retire to if you needed four seasons, versus the two I get in Phoenix - nice weather and six inches from Hades.
Yea I hear ya. I was out there last spring. Have a great aunt that lives out there. When I was a kid they had the only house out there for miles. I was thinking maybe more east, Dewy Strawberry area... I dont do subdivisions.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Good news boys and girls! I took a chance and ordered a set of Malibu drum brake bearing hubs. They are 5X110 bolt pattern and have no ABS connectors and have a nice steel end cap. Guess what, they fit perfectly. The end cap is flush with the aluminum upright with a perfect tight fit to the center bore and bolt holes. The part number on bearing is HB612289, from Auto Shack.com, not sure how this translates to a GM part number.
That is the factory lug pattern correct. I plan on reusing my stock rims for the first year.

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I don't know how you could ever possible be happy with anything in the Goblin with those standards. I don't mean it in a negative manner, I have fairly high standards in my audio systems also (nothing to that degree). But open air, good luck with any kind of low end support. And going down the road, you would have to crank the heck out of it just to know it's on much less actually sound good with the wind noise. I know I'm going to get flamed here, but there is no way an open air system going down the road is going to sound worth it. Kaleb wanted to install a system but I wasn't having it knowing the disappointment in the outcome. If it's all midrange, no thanks.

Now a really good in-helmet system or earbuds that kill the wind noise would work.
I can absolutely say that now that I’ve got my Goblin stereo installed, up and running, there is absolutely ZERO issues with loudness or fidelity. This will still be plenty loud enough at highway speed.

Anybody who doubts is more than welcome to come have a listen!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Been a while since I've posted in my build log. I have been focused on getting my honey-do list done to prep the house for sale in Laveen, so not much has happened with my build. I did purchase a remote oil filter adapter to replace the cartridge filter - it will be very difficult to access once I have my intercooler and turbo piping in place. I will remote mount a standard oil filter in a convenient location, will update when I finally get all the pieces.

Last edited:

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Been a while since I've posted in my build log. I have been focused on getting my honey-do list done to prep the house for sale in Laveen, so not much has happened with my build. I did purchase a remote oil filter adapter to replace the cartridge filter - it will be very difficult to access once I have my intercooler and turbo piping in place. I will remote mount a standard oil filter in a convenient location, will update when I finally get all the pieces.
That is a great idea, The filter is a pain to get to with the engine sitting up on the bench let alone crammed in the car!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
The DDM adapter is full round and doesn't require the stock engine oil cooler to be removed to install. Other manufacturers adapters are not round and it ends up overhanging the edge of the oil filter boss. It doesn't allow the oil cooler to be reinstalled - nope.

PaulPerger

My Goblin is still in it's donor's skin and changing the oil filter is a PITA. I may do this now!!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Ok, I was thinking too much last night about the remote oil filter I will be installing and if it would be possible to add an Accusump to the system for startup oiling and potential loss of oil pressure. Several other builders have incorporated the Accusump for this purpose, but are plumbing it into the oil galley system in the block - which is perfectly fine.
Since I will be utilizing a remote filter mount, why not just plumbing it into the return port (center plug) on the filter mount? (See the attached eBay part) The center port feeds directly to the block oil galley (through the DDM oil filter adapter I have on order). At start up and oil pressure loss it is the same oil galley feed as the oil from the pump through the oil filter. This seems like very logical way to take care of my oil filter access problem and an easy way to incorporate an Accusump.
BTW, the oil filter boss in the engine block has a built in pressure check valve to prevent backflow into the oil pump - so all the pressure from the Accusump will go into the block oil galleys.
Then I finally fell asleep.o_O

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Ok, I was thinking too much last night about the remote oil filter I will be installing and if it would be possible to add an Accusump to the system for startup oiling and potential loss of oil pressure. Several other builders have incorporated the Accusump for this purpose, but are plumbing it into the oil galley system in the block - which is perfectly fine.
Since I will be utilizing a remote filter mount, why not just plumbing it into the return port (center plug) on the filter mount? (See the attached eBay part) The center port feeds directly to the block oil galley (through the DDM oil filter adapter I have on order). At start up and oil pressure loss it is the same oil galley feed as the oil from the pump through the oil filter. This seems like very logical way to take care of my oil filter access problem and an easy way to incorporate an Accusump.
BTW, the oil filter boss in the engine block has a built in pressure check valve to prevent backflow into the oil pump - so all the pressure from the Accusump will go into the block oil galleys.
Then I finally fell asleep.o_O

Here is a diagram of the oil flow in the Ecotec with the DDM oil filter adapter to a remote oil filter and back to the engine. The Accusump gets plumbed right into the remote oil filter at the return to the engine. The oil pressure check valve is located at the base of the oil filter boss on the engine right after the oil pump. It is there to keep all of the oil from the stock oil filter from draining back to the oil pan through the pump. Keeps the engine from a 'dry start that would have to pump oil into the oil filter before getting oil pressure into the engine.

Attachments