Desert Sasqwatch #155 Track (mods) - 08 SS/TC crate LNF F40

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Good point. I'm getting the stink-eye for the 2 shelve units that are packed with Goblin boxes already, plus an engine stand with engine and transmission, wheels, tires, and all the big garage tools. Unfortunately she knows how much I've spent, I'm already in the dog house. Guess that's what I get for marrying a professional bean counter. o_O:D

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I'm gonna venture a wild guess that those are ventilation holes to keep interior cooler and allow noxious gasses to escape after those wild nights with beer and cabbage. I believe this car belongs to a leprechaun and this is the pot-o-gold he found at the end of a rainbow. He is looking for some nice seats to put into it so he can drive it. :p;)

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
It's been a while since I've posted anything in my build (not-building-right-now) log. My poor, lonely Goblin is sitting in storage along with a plethora of boxes of parts.

20210523_071007.jpg

All waiting for its new home to be built.

20210621_100849.jpg

The home boss has said no to any additional purchases for the Goblin - "it's just something else we would have to move".

So I'm relegated to looking at everyone else's build progress and photos of other Goblins out having fun.

200.gif

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
You need to post that first pic in the thread “myGoblin is….” With a heart felt ending. ;)

Last edited:

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I have a house in Morning Sun Farms, off of Hunt Highway in Queen Creek. How far from there is you new place?

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Cool, I’ll see you in about 7 years, if not sooner when I retire and move back?

We use to go to the Olive Mill all the time back when they had maybe 5 or 6 little tables, I was back a few years ago and was amazed at how much they expanded.

Last edited:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Cool, I’ll see you in about 7 years, if not sooner when I retire and move back?

We use to go to the Olive Mill all the time back when they had maybe 5 or 6 little tables, I was back a few years ago and was amazed at how much they expanded.

Registration in AZ beats the heck out of registration in FL - oh, wait you're going the MT route. :p

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I forget what city you are moving from so not sure how much you have explored the area your moving to? Have you been to Tortilla Flats, it will be a great road for the Goblin.

https://maps.apple.com/?address=Apache Junction, AZ 85190, United States&auid=4879633427641707319&ll=33.526037,-111.390361&lsp=9902&q=Tortilla Flat Mercantile&_ext=ChkKBQgEEOIBCgQIBRADCgQIBhAWCgQIChAAEiQp/yp6vjfDQEAxqt45VA3ZW8A5S++0nXLDQEBBNH3CBOrYW8A=&t=h

Here are some sport-bikes that will give you some idea of the 22 miles of twists & turns

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
How have I not seen this place. It looks better than "the snake"? I can feel a trip coming on in October or November. Come on #desertsasqwatch, slam that car together, I want to do this ride with you. Me and the word "wait" don't do well together.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
How have I not seen this place. It looks better than "the snake"? I can feel a trip coming on in October or November. Come on #desertsasqwatch, slam that car together, I want to do this ride with you. Me and the word "wait" don't do well together.
Jim, the new house will not be completed until late October to early November, so my Goblin building is reluctantly on hold. A road trip to Phoenix would be a great idea, it would be quite a while before mine will be ready to enjoy the challenging roads we have here in AZ.

Last edited:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I forget what city you are moving from so not sure how much you have explored the area your moving to? Have you been to Tortilla Flats, it will be a great road for the Goblin.

https://maps.apple.com/?address=Apache Junction, AZ 85190, United States&auid=4879633427641707319&ll=33.526037,-111.390361&lsp=9902&q=Tortilla Flat Mercantile&_ext=ChkKBQgEEOIBCgQIBRADCgQIBhAWCgQIChAAEiQp/yp6vjfDQEAxqt45VA3ZW8A5S++0nXLDQEBBNH3CBOrYW8A=&t=h

Here are some sport-bikes that will give you some idea of the 22 miles of twists & turns

Jareth, yes the road up to Tortilla Flat is a fun drive - and enjoying the food/beverage stop in the saloon at the end makes it well worth the trip. But AZ 88 is a 35MPH speed limit for most of the way - for obvious reasons of the tight turns and few guardrails were the next stop is a few hundred feet down after leaving the pavement. :eek:

Not sure if you've heard of the devil's highway old RT666? It runs from down near Safford (Morenci) up to Springerville in the White Mountains on (now) highway 191. It's over 90 miles of the best road in the southwest for fun, with 100+ 'mountain turns' of 100 degrees or more, and a 55MPH speed limit. Every motorcycle enthusiast's dream, which means it is tailor made for a Goblin. I plan to make this road a southwest Goblin meet up a must at some point in the future.

Last edited:

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
Jim, the new house will not be completed until late October to early November, so my Goblin building is reluctantly on hold. A road trip to Phoenix would be a great idea, it would be quite a while before mine will be ready to enjoy the challenging roads we have here in AZ.
Maybe I'll need to come down and let you take it for a spin to renew, in your mind, the importance of this project. Your priorities are all out of wack. A house over a wild ride project car? You're 21 year old self would be kicking your butt Lol.