Desert Sasqwatch #155 Track (mods) - 08 SS/TC crate LNF F40

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Update:
Finally getting around to setting up my new garage (the in-house honey-do list is getting shorter) - trying to maximize what little garage space I do have. Lots of overhead storage racks going in; these were a tight squeeze to get two 2X8 racks into the 10X9 space at the back of my garage.

20220107_133921.jpg

Have one more overhead rack to install and hopefully keep as much stuff off the floor as possible. Because the floor space fills up quick with the necessities.

20220108_173955.jpg

Just have get to my leg to heal up now - tore a calf muscle really bad this weekend - to get this finished up and maybe, just maybe, get a wrench turned on my Goblin soon. :D

Last edited:

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Update:
Finally getting around to setting up my new garage (the in-house honey-do list is getting shorter) - trying to maximize what little garage space I do have. Lots of overhead storage racks going in; these were a tight squeeze to get two 2X8 racks into the 10X9 space at the back of my garage.

View attachment 29948

Have one more overhead rack to install and hopefully keep as much stuff off the floor as possible. Because the floor space fills up quick with the necessities.

View attachment 29949

Just have get to my leg to heal up now - tore a calf muscle really bad this weekend - to get this finished up and maybe, just maybe, get a wrench turned on my Goblin soon. :D
Tim. Lots of us are excited to see you get back to building! :)

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
For some reason, I no longer get notifications from the DF site, just dumb luck that I saw this here. That sounds like a fun drive. When would be the best season? I like temps someplace between 80-83F.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Jim, if the trip is made from south (Morenci) to north (ShowLow) the elevation change - from about 2200 feet to 8000 feet - can have a wide temperature range. If it's 90-95 in Morenci, it's probably about 65-70 in ShowLow. This would typically be a late March to early April or October weather time frame. May through September can be quite warm (100+) to hot (110+) in the desert elevations, but will 80-90 in the alpine elevations. And yes, I am looking forward to making this trip at some point, it is highly recommended by motorcycle riders, so it is definitely a Goblin road. :D

PaulPerger

For some reason, I no longer get notifications from the DF site, just dumb luck that I saw this here. That sounds like a fun drive. When would be the best season? I like temps someplace between 80-83F.
There's a stretch of about a mile where you'll be comfortable... As Sasqwatch said, the temps at the bottom are VERY different than the temps at the top...

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
Last year we drove it in heat that was debilitating. 115 was so hot that I drove it 1 hour and was done the rest of the day. I have a new found respect for these people who pass through Vegas on their touring bikes in the middle of the heat. Truthfully, I don't see how they do it. It has to be fun for some self destructive issue only they can know. For me, 100 degrees was the max temp to drive in and find it enjoyable, and that was questionable. Sooooo, I guess I'm driving that route in early may, leaving before sun up and taking a jacket with me.

PaulPerger

Last year we drove it in heat that was debilitating. 115 was so hot that I drove it 1 hour and was done the rest of the day. I have a new found respect for these people who pass through Vegas on their touring bikes in the middle of the heat. Truthfully, I don't see how they do it. It has to be fun for some self destructive issue only they can know. For me, 100 degrees was the max temp to drive in and find it enjoyable, and that was questionable. Sooooo, I guess I'm driving that route in early may, leaving before sun up and taking a jacket with me.
When I drove that pass years ago, we started with the AC on, drove with windows open and ended with the heat on...

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
My Goblin has come home! After getting the majority of the new house honey-do list items accomplished and the yard finally in, I cleared the trailer, yard supplies and new smoker/grill out of the garage. After not doing anything with this project for a year I will need to almost start from scratch on many things I was previously working on. It's kinda like taking delivery again, but the speedholes remind me of the time I already have invested. :D
20220611_075846.jpg