Devo's Extended Track #381 - 06 SS/SC Donor

Devo

Brute force and ignorance won the battle. Ross was correct in PB blaster, heat, and a large hammer. Amazing how much gunk ended up coming out of the tube. After thoroughly purging with more PB, it slides as it should now.

Devo

I too lucked out with the timing tension bolt. It had snapped off in the block and I pulled out the hex head piece with a magnet. The replacement plug went in without issue. For those that also had snapped OEM bolts, do you need to worry about extracting the remaining threads, or is that covered up by the replacement piece?

Attachments

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Is there a preferred final layout to the tunnel? Brake & clutch lines, wire bundle, heat exchanger lines, other? Driver or passenger sides?
I'm finding that there isn't on overall abundance of room once the HX lines and all are in the tunnel! I'm just trying to get it all in there as Sluggonaut says.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
I laid the HE lines in first. Then the electrical next. Finally the brake and clutch lines. I didn’t want those lines sitting right against the HE lines if I could avoid it

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
I laid the HE lines in first. Then the electrical next. Finally the brake and clutch lines. I didn’t want those lines sitting right against the HE lines if I could avoid it
And I did mine exact opposite. Following the videos, I already had the brake and clutch lines in and harness in before I realized I hadn’t installed the HX. Just try to make it all fit and make sure HX hose clamps are tight!

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
And I did mine exact opposite. Following the videos, I already had the brake and clutch lines in and harness in before I realized I hadn’t installed the HX. Just try to make it all fit and make sure HX hose clamps are tight!
Same..... these bigger hoses aren't fun to force through.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Be very conscious of how you secure the tunnel cover. You sure do not want to poke a hole in anything, or have something rubbing against a rivet or such.

Devo

Is the brake reservoir relocation base directional? If so, which way is towards the front of the vehicle?