Devo's Extended Track #381 - 06 SS/SC Donor

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
It’s pretty common for them to not sit exactly straight any way. Mine took a long time to bed in enough that I had full contact on the rear.

Devo

Brakes are together. Fluid and bleeding to follow. Looking ahead to the shifter, cables, and linkage, it appears that the included cable ends will be too long. Does the original bracket get reused, or am I missing something from the kit?

Attachments

Devo

Wheels and tires showed up this afternoon. Just got home to check them out and they don’t fit from the looks of it. I’m beside myself a this point and am hoping I’m missing something stupid. I retained the factory hubs (5x110 as I understood based on the donor). The Vors TR4 wheels appear to have the exact pattern and spacing, but the hubs are way on the smaller side. I have contact on the inside of all 5 wheel holes. I don’t want to force them on. Anyone have any ideas? For reference, I’m seeing more like 105 mm on the actual hubs front and back. Also, the donor was using the factory SS wheels, so I don’t think they’re aftermarket.

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I had to order the VORS TR4 wheels with 5X110, they don't list them on their website as 'standard' bolt pattern. Options are the spacers as @Ark :D stated or get your hubs drilled to the 5X114.5 bolt pattern. Or...contact VORS and ask if they could exchange for TR4s with the 5X110 bolt pattern - but that might be more $$$. And tell them the hub diameter to get a hub-centric wheel.

Devo

Are you sure those aren't 5x114.3? If they are, you could just get adapters.

Edit: the Vors TR4 product page only lists 3 sizes, and 5x110 isn't one of them. 99% sure those are 5x114.3.

View attachment 38188
I ordered the set from Fitment Industries, which listed the different Vors wheels showing 5x110. I also checked the Vors site and saw the same information - no 5x110 listed. Possibly receiving 5x114.3 was my first thought, but I double and triple checked the hole spacing on the wheels. They’re right at 110mm. The studs on the hubs measure a shorter distance at around 105mm. :(

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Yep. Yours is (should be) the same as mine, 5x110. Adaptors or get them to change it to the correct ones.

Devo

Thanks everyone. I’m an idiot and was measuring center to center on the hole pattern. Using the reference picture from Squatch, I do indeed have the wrong wheels. They’re 5x114.3. Guess I’ll be checking on returns or adapters.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
This is the bracket that DF sent for the missing shifter bracket. It doesn’t look anything like the other pictures I’ve seen. I can’t make heads or tails of it. Assuming it is incorrect? Would it go with non SS / base manuals?
I don't think that is the right one either. It may be for the other manual transmission.

Joebob

Goblin Guru
Working on the emergency brake system in preparation of first test drive. Does the cable mount on the bottom of the caliper assembly, or do I have something backwards?
They are backwads. the cable mount is on the top and the hydraulic fitting is on the bottom.

Joe