DF Fuel Kit

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I used the stock engine line instead of Df supplied, but it should still be “the same”.
18F57D99-FB77-4075-9EAD-0D3AC0D4AC48.jpeg

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I got it sorted. I used that nylon tubing for the brake booster connection. I ended up buying some fuel hose at the parts store and clamped it in place. It's not leaking and getting fuel, so I'm calling this done.

devianteng

I also used rubber fuel line to go from the pump to filter.
View attachment 35178
Do you recall what size quick connect fittings the fuel filter users? Are both 3/8" or is one a different size? I have to order a new fuel filter and planning basically the same setup for fuel lines, but I'm not sure what size quick connect fittings to order. Worst case I'll measure when my filter gets here. Thanks!

Rauq

Goblin Guru
According to the info on this fuel filter, everything is 3/8" except for the return line connection at the filter, which is 5/16". That jives with my recollection; when I went to an external regulator I ended up with one fitting I couldn't reuse, and I think it was that one because it was smaller.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Do you recall what size quick connect fittings the fuel filter users? Are both 3/8" or is one a different size? I have to order a new fuel filter and planning basically the same setup for fuel lines, but I'm not sure what size quick connect fittings to order. Worst case I'll measure when my filter gets here. Thanks!
It was actually cheaper to buy the whole range of quick disconnect tools than just 1 or 2 units. 3/8" is the only one I used, but I did have issues getting some hoses off. I think those were the push button release units though.

Last edited:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I don’t know. I reused the fittings from the stock fuel lines. Warm up the hard plastic hose enough so you can pull the fittings off the end. You can use a razor to cut the line, just make sure to don’t damage the fitting.

DF did provide a couple of fittings. I used 1 on the exit side of the filter.