DF Tow Bar

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
COUPLE OF thing’s to consider when you get ready, You will need a extension to go from the four foot connection that comes with tow bar that is supposed to attach to the front of the Goblin and then just plug your extension into because that piece want go to the end of tow bar.
So you might want to ask for 2 four foot pieces one to go from toeing vehicle to Goblin and one to wire into BCM

And it takes a 2“ ball
You think the dually will even feel the Goblin back there?????......... :)

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Only when I hook the 40’ fifth wheel and the Goblin behind that.
Usually I pull my kayak trailer behind the fifth wheel but priorities have changed

Ross

Goblin Guru
I would use THESE, rather than splice into the wires.
Is that just an insulated bolt? Still a splice, but if you don't know how to solder, then those would work. Solder is a better electrical connection, but only if soldered correctly.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Is that just an insulated bolt? Still a splice, but if you don't know how to solder, then those would work. Solder is a better electrical connection, but only if soldered correctly.
More or less. There's a sharp point inside it that pierces the wire's insulation. I'm probably prone to leaning on those because I do custom home and car stereo work for people from time to time, and prefer to make non-permanent connections. You're right though, soldering (properly) is good for a permanent connection such as this.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
They remind me of these things. I just purchased a few a couple of weeks ago for troubleshooting wiring. I never knew these existed, could have used them plenty of times over the years.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
There is not. Just make sure the "eye" on the part that bolts to the Goblin faces down.

These are upside-down. I have corrected them since the pic was taken.

20200925_095105.jpg

ATMironov

Could you snap a photo with the tow bar detached?
I want to see the receiving bracket on the car.

Thanks!

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru

baustin

What are the specs on the socket cap bolt to mount the brackets on the frame? I see that style in Zoom Zoom pictures and I think also in Ark's picture. I'd rather use that style bolt than a hex cap bolt that came with my early tow bar kit. I don't have a way to get a wrench or socket fully on the hex head mine came with, I can only angle an open end wrench off barely grabbing the faces of the bolt (which frequently slips off). Changing to the socket cap style would make the alignment easier to adjust.

I know it's 1/2" diameter and 4" long but haven't checked the thread to see if it's -13 or -20. I also don't know the grade but I assume grade 8.

This image shows the bolt I'm talking about:

20 thread pitch from mcmaster but I don't see a plated option:

13 thread pitch from mcmaster: